Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bumbo blues :(

I tried Jack in his new Bumbo seat last night and he's too big for it! His chubby thighs just squashed into the leg bits but took hubby and my dad to get him out and he was screaming image Hubby is taking it back to mothercare today and I'm gutted cos I thought it would have been great for him (and me) bless him

K x

Replies

• Options
    ahhh bless him, he got stuck! omgoodness. Poor Jack.
    We have just got the jungle jumperoo off MIL and Lily loves it its fab.

xx
  • Options
    Jack quickly recovered from his ordeal but think hubby is scarred for life! lol... I was upstairs running his bath so missed it but heard him screaming..bless...

Jack has had his Jumperoo for a while and he loves it too. He has a little giggle with the monkey noise too. ha ha x
  • Options
    ooohh ooohh aahh ahhh x lol
  • Options
    Oh kirsty James got stuck in a bumboo when he was little too- his legs were so chubby! He also jumped out of a door bouncer too!
  • Options
    he jumped out??? oh my god lol xxx
  • Options
    Awwwwwwwwww poor Jack! The leg bits are small! I've read a few people saying the same thing so it's not too unusual. Roisin is fitting in hers for now but it gets a bit of a squeeze if she's wearing jeans! x
  • Options
    Oh poor Jack. I wouldn't be too upset about not being able to use one though hun - I have to say I'm not the biggest fan! There is no way they last til the age bumbo claim. Harrison has been able to hold his head up since 10 weeks and started going in his just after for a few minutes a day at first. Anyway, he has now learnt how to get out of it - fair enough he is an active baby anyway but come on he's not even 16 weeks yet so I wont leave him in it alone now (i.e., to go and make his bottle) or anything and have to sit right by his side as the little monkey can flip himself backwards and over the top - even with the tray on, which he can get off!! We were bought ours so I'm glad i didn't spend money on it!!

Lisa
    xxx
  • Options
    Lisa that's so funny! What a little monkey! He's def ahead of his years x
  • Options
    Joe was only in his for 4 weeks, he now pops in and out like a rabbit in a hole - dangerous! Ebay in new year!
  • Options
    Oh no poor Jack! MrsN what a little tinker Harrison is, that's so funny.

Fred quite likes his and his nexk is strong but he always keels over to one side in it for some reason. he's only got a small bum so I think he slips on the smooth surface and ends up leaning over the side bits!

• Options
    Hi ladies hope you don't mind me gatecrashing? image
    My DD is 9 weeks and I've been thinking if getting a Bumbo as she's got good head control but after reading your posts on them, I think I'll steer clear!!
    Thanks ladies xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone. I feel sorry for Jack being so big but I'm sure once he's on his feet he'll lose some of his rolls! Anna I remember you saying James was always big for his age too. At least I know he's not the only one who it is too big for and once they can escape (like harrison) they lose their appeal so no harm done..

Slippers - Brad always had a skinny bum and hubby said it looked like 2 boiled eggs in a hanky! It still does bless him and he's 12 so waiting on him to 'fill out' but looks like Jack has gone the opposite way!

Newlook - I do that exact monkey noise to Jack and he laughs his head off! Not sure if he's laughing at me or with me???

K x