Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How is everyone?

Hello ladies,

How are you all?

Things are good with us James is 6 weeks now and is sleeping from 11 until 6 which is fab, I never thought that I would be pleased at getting up at 6 each day lol!

He is a good little baby, very content and doesnt cry much really so when he does cry we know that he is very upset about something! I am loving being a mum to a baby again, Im so much more relaxed this time around as I know how quickly the baby stage goes by I am trying to make the most of every minute Im with him xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ah hun you sound very happy, it's lovely to hear. I am ok, I think! I had no idea it would be so tiring, but I love him to bits, the slightest thing he does like follow me round the room with is eyes or holding my gaze has me singing with delight at him and praising him to the rooftops! it's mad really! But I get these huge surges of love and sometimes my tummy flips when I bend down to pick him up and get a noseful of his smell.

he's 5 weeks now but still small, only 7lb 1oz. They are pleased with his weight so no real problems other than it does mean he isn't sleeping through and prob won't for a while. It's the only thing that gets to me, I would just love one full night's sleep, but hey ho, we've done 5 weeks withoug (6 if you count the week I was in hosp before he arrived!) so what's another few weeks/months, sleep eh?!! xx
  • Options
    I get really obsessed with sleep at the moment! Im constantly counting how many hours Ive had, its the hardest part of motherhood I reckon!! xx
  • Options
    I am good and I am too loving being a mummy again I forgot how wonderful babies are - I think its hard when you have an 8 year old that is stomping round the house (only sometimes). Grace is brilliant very relaxed (maybe that has something to do with how relaxed we are) and is starting to try to smile, she is putting weight on well and wakes up once in the night - just need to get her into her own bed now and out of mine (naughty I know)! You both sound like your loving it x