Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Which size nappies? (also in baby)

I was just wondering how old your little ones are and what size/ brand of nappy do they wear?

My baby girl has just turned 6 months old and wearing size 5 Huggies nappies!
She is also wearing age 12-18 months clothes!

I am starting to think about her growing out of nappies, as I can only see up to size 6 in the shops...... What happens then? How likely is it?

xxxx

Replies

• Lucy is also 7 months, she is in size 3 Huggies and is only just going into 6-9 months clothes.

xx
  • Wow Sugar, your bambino is really thriving! Roisin is in size 3 pampers and has just gone into 6-9 month clothes this week, which I felt a bit sad about! What happened to our little babies? I remember when she was first born receiving some 6-9 month clothes and them looking absolutely massive! xxx
  • Jack was 6 months yesterday and is a big boy too and he's in the 4+ pampers. They go from 20- 40lb so it will be a good while until he grows out of those! (I hope!) He's in 9-12 and also got some 12-18 months clothes so she's not alone!

You'll find that as she gets on her feet and starts to run around, she may even lose weight from what she is now. Jack lost 2lb from November to January as he's so active now in his jumperoo, baby walker and even when they're sitting they're burning more calories than they have done before. They will also be cutting down on bottles too which are laiden with calories so once she's weaned that will slow the weight gain. You'll see the line in their weight charts start to go a lot flatter and not as steep as they were as newborns. Jack is still a big lad and at the top of the scale but I can see him slimming down on his face and he's lost one or two rolls.... lol

K x
  • Grace was 5 months old on the 14th, and has been in Pampers size 4 nappies for a while. She has outgrown the majority of her 6-9m clothes as they just aren't long enough and she has been in 9-12m dresses for ages as I just find the smaller sizes really tight on her!

Hubby's cousin has a LO who has just turned 3 and is coming out of nappies. He isn't small for his age and is fine in Pampers size 5.

Em xx
  • Orla is size 3 nappies, they are still really big on her. I'm sure she would fit size 2. She is in 6-9 month clothes because she is quite long.
    SweetAsSugar- You'll probably find her weight will even out, once she is crawling and walking. My son grew really quickly and I really thought he would be to big for the largest nappies, but by the time he was 1 his weight had levelled off and he stayed in size 5 until he was potty trained.

Cat xxx
  • Hiya SAS,

I agree with Kirsty in that your LO will probably start to drop weight once more active so not to worry too much.
    Alfie is still in size 3 nappies but I'm sure will soon be in size 4. We used to use Huggies but have now switched to Asda's Little Angels own brand and I found them bigger than Huggies even though meant to be same size. They're a lot cheaper too! Maybe try a different brand?

Shell xx
  • Hi Reuben is 27 weeks weighs 18lb15oz in size 4 pampers size 6-9 month clothes x
  • Thanks for all your replies!
    Im really hoping she does even out..... she puts on pound a week on average! She was last weighed on 9th feb and was 24lb and 73cm! Even her socks are size 2.5-5! However she does have the extra toe! hehe

Littlerose I know what you mean.... we were given 9-12 month stuff when she was born and it looked huge.... now its too small!! My baby isnt a baby anymore.... shes a little girl!

Will have alook at Asdas nappies when Im in shopping, thanks again guys!

xxxx