Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Mummies who aren't doing routine...help please

Hi Mummies

I need some advice, I am trying to get my lo into a routine at the mo he is 6 weeks old he is in a night routine we did this from 2 weeks old and its working but I am struggling with the days and getiing him to nap at certain times his feeds are in a routine but the rest of the day is guess work. I know some of you don't do routine if so how does that work with you lo how do you know how to plan your day. Any advice would be good.

Annette

Replies

• I don't really plan. I am breasdt feeding and he is still on demand although he is avaraging every 2 to 3 hours, I just go out and if he needs feeding I get my boobs out! To be honest haven't ventured out too much. Good luck with your routine I hope you can get it sorted x x
  • We have a night time and feeding routine but not a daytime naps one. He feeds every four hours and sometimes falls alseep aftewards and other times is awake for an hour or two.

I just go out with him and see what happens to be honest, most times he is asleep when Im out and about with him and if he is awake then he just looks about.

xx
  • I am the same as Louby Lou...dont stress about routine, if your bubba is happy just go with it xx

My bubba has naturally fallen into a routine where she naps at 11.30am and 3pm. (she also naps at the boob often throughout the day lol
  • We aren't in a routine yet. Ella used to sleep 6 hours each night then 8 hours, she done this for about a month. BUT now she wont sleep that long anymore, and were struggling to get her to sleep once she is in the crib. As soon as we cuddle her to calm her down shes happy then put her down and she cries. She will do this for so long that eventually she wants feeding. Getting less sleep now then ever.
    So today I bought a musical cot light projector (with remote control how fancy) and im hoping she will eventually associate this with bed time as I wont play it any other time.
    She had a feed at 5pm and she is just trying to have a nap now, about half 7 I will bath her then at 8pm it will be feed time. Once she has finished and is most likely awake we will have some quiet time in the bedroom then will lay her down with the music playing and leave her.
    I am prepared for this not to work tonight or for a couple of times but Im hoping it will after doing it every night.

Now in the day she has a feed every 3 hours. I go out when I want to and work around that. I heat up a bottle if I know she'll be hungry when im out or ill feed her just before and try to get back within 2-3hours.

xxx