Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

broody in an odd way

okay, so as the title says, im edging towards the broody feeling again. but, it's weird, because i often come on here to read ladies birth stories (makes me feel better after a good ol' cry!) and as you know, george missed the birth of both our babies; but i always love reading them because of the labour part.

but im pining for the labour part of pregnancy?! its so odd. the whole contractions, the feeling you get when you KNOW baby is coming, the closeness you get of being with your partner (i had this for a wee while during contractions but then he left for work thinking i had a while to go!!), and then the actual feeling of having to push etc. i know, i sound like such a freak! lol.

anyway, just thought id share that lol! anyone else broody?! xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

I never got to experience labour as I had an elective c-section due to baby being breech. I do feel like I missed out sometimes.
    I would like another baby but I want to enjoy Alfie first thinking of a 2/3yr gap.

You'll have to watch "one Born Every Minute" tonight 9pm, channel 4!! Fab program. I cried all the way through it last week!

Shell xx
  • Options
    oh is it on tonight. oh no lol. i have seen it advertised. in fact, every time i see the adverts, my eyes well up and i get a big lump in my throat!!!

we have decided though to wait till after we've been married to try for number 3 (still waiting for a ring right enough but hey ho lol).

how is alfie doing? must be getting big now xx
  • Options
    You know I really miss being pregnant, and the labour and birth was such an amazing experience and I feel so lucky to have been able to experience it!
    I feel like the first few weeks went by in a blur! Next time there would also be a few things Id do differently knowing what I do now!

I am so broody all the time but I have to be sensible, maybe this time next year we'll be thinking about another baby!

I watched last weeks programme n really looking forward to it tonight! I always get jealous hehe and sit and cry too!

xxxx
  • Options
    oh yeah, there would definately be things i did different too!!! for example, MAKING SURE OH STAYS AT HOME!!! lol.

and yea, SAS, we have to be sensible too. having 2 kids at 2 and 6months is hard enough. plus i have just got my life back on track with regards to work and childcare etc!! and our holiday to magaluf in juky (no kids might i add, our lovely mum has offered to keep them for a week!).

oh im dreading this programme tonight! as much as i love it, im going to be bawling my eyes out!!!

xx
  • Options
    My pregnancy is a bit of a blur. It's almost as if it's been blocked out and I can't really remember what it felt like. All I remember is that I has terrible heartburn throughout and the only feeling I remember was when Alfie's head was wedged under my ribs.

Kirstie - Alfie's doing fine thanks and yes he is huge! Just looking at him now, he's fallen asleep on a blanket on my 2 seater settee (which is large for a 2 seater) and he's not far off the full length (between the arms of the settee)! He's about 2/3's the length!

Shell xx

[Modified by: floss78 on February 16, 2010 07:08 PM]

• Options
    Think Im getting broody too. I saw a few newborns whilst walking round town today and I thought I want another one! I must be mad, LO only 6 months old! Anyway I am a bridesmaid abroad in October so im not having one just yet. And my pelvic floor is knackered and I need physio!! Thats enough to put me off for a while!! Im gonna watch that one born every minute, that will put me off too, lol!! xxs
  • Options
    I've been broody since Jack was about 2 days old! It was such an amazing experience that both hubby and I said we'd def do it again as soon as possible as we were on such a high! We planned to wait until just after the New Year to try again then reality hit like a brick since I've been on mat pay. I would have to give up work if I had another so close together so will wait at least 3 years. We're going to work hard on being debt free by then so I could give up work if need be and try for another but not getting any younger so if it doesn't happen by the time Jack is 4 then it's snipety snip for hubby and we'll count our blessings..bless x
  • Options
    I'm v broody and planning on TTC later this year. Really miss being pregnant but would HAPPILY miss the labour stage! I know that some people really treasure the experience of giving birth, and i guess I am glad I've been through it, I'm def more a 'bring on the drugs' kinda girl!

I cried all the way through 'one born every minute' last week too, recording this one, can't wait! (You can't beat a self-indulgent hormonal cry ...) Xx
  • Options
    shell - taylor has just fallen asleep on the couch now too. not quite as big as alfie but i cant deny the love i have for her chunky chunky thighs lol. and chubby little cheeks. ben in his bed sleeping too. u really do count your blessings when you see how peaceful and beautiful they are when they sleep.

kirsty - i would LOVE to it right now lol. but 1. i dont think i could cope with 3 under 3 2. my pelvic floor is still "recovering" and 3. we definately couldnt afford it just now. we want to wait till we're married and settled in our own home. (which btw, i cant WAIT for. so excited, call me sad lol).

who watched one born every minute?! i didnt shed a tear!!! couldnt believe it. i actually felt so bad for "ed". that poor poor guy, doesnt have a clue!!! and i really thought Joy was going to flip out. but imagine saying she only got pregnant because "thats what people at 40 are doing". oh dear. hopefully she has a maternal hubby!!!

hows everyone tonight?

Kirstie xx
  • Options
    i'm the absolute opposite to broody!

hubby wants another next year but i'm persuading him a dog would be a better idea! I've had 2 c-sections so would need to have a 3rd and I just can't face that again.

• Options
    I'm definately broody! Have been for ages! My plan is to hopefully start Midwifery degree next April, do a year then take time off for another, then complete the next two years. Don't want to wait to d othe degree and also don't want to wait to TTC again

I watched One Born Every Minute- saw last weeks too. It's sooooo interesting but I could have actually killed both women last night. You can tell Joy will be a screamer (just remember how she acted when the pessary went in) and the other girl- my god she was making life difficult for herself, and her mum was right, she was making herself look silly.

Does that sound mean? I was so glad she got her epidural as it was painful to watch xx
  • Options
    i really want another one. but for the sake of my family i know we have to wait. as i said above (and what i have to keep telling myself) is there is no way we could cope with 3 so young.

i wanted to be a midwife, but i dont have the willpower to study so i just couldnt do it! good luck to you though, that will be amazing!!!

and no it doesnt sound mean, she looked possessed lol. i was 17 and a half when i had ds1 and i got induced, and there was NO WAY i behaved like that, i think i was too embarrassed to be honest lol. all i remember is repeatedly saying "he's not coming! he's stuck! he doesnt want to come out!!" lol. can u imagine!

xx