Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sterilising?

Just wondered if any of you are still sterilising? I am for now, but when is it ok to stop?

xxx

Replies

• Hellooooo!

I've stopped sterilising bowls etc but I'm still sterilising bottles. I'm not 100% sure on when you can stop sterilising bottles though so it's a good question. Is it 12 months?

Shell xx
  • Hi,

With my first I was told to sterilise all bottles and teats until 12 months but it was ok not to sterilise spoons and bowls etc.

Not sure if this has changed in the last 6 years but this is what i'm going by.

Diana
  • Hi,

With my first I was told to sterilise all bottles and teats until 12 months but it was ok not to sterilise spoons and bowls etc.

Not sure if this has changed in the last 6 years but this is what i'm going by.

Diana
  • I still sterilise everything, but if I forget sometimes with my LOs bowls and spoons etc then I don't worry too much. Just got into such a habit of doing it. I think it is 8 months for weaning equipment, but definitely at least 12 months for bottles. I would sterilise anything that has had milk in it until 12 months definitely, bottles and sippy cups x
  • I think anything that comes into contact with milk should be sterilised.....I thought for 12 mths??

I tend to poor boiling water over her bowls and spoons before serving lunch etc and i sterilse her sippy cup (even though it only has juice in it. xxx
  • I also sterilise Jack's bottles but not any of his feeding equipment or cup (only had water in and no milk). I wash with hot soapy water and rinse with boiling water.

I sterilised my first baby's bottles until 1 yr so will do the same for Jack

K x