Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What to do?

Hi all

Im in need of some advice, Lily will be 11 weeks on Thursday, she tends to go to bed between 7 & 8, we put her upstairs with the monitors on (after running up and down for the first half hour to put dummy in lol) she falls asleep. She use to wake for a feed at1am ish then sleep til 5/6 whick wasnt too bad. Now she has started sleeping until 2.30-3.00am but wakes shouting and cooing and giggling, banging he legs on the matress lol and giggling. I mean, it is quite funny but she is wide awake, i get her out and feed her but still she is wide awake for a good while.

Once she is back to sleep she will stay until 6/7ish.

To be honest im not sure what im asking now ive typed it out but does anyones else LO wake talking and wide awake during the night?!

Newlook & Cheeky Lily

Replies

• My little boy take a last feed between 6 and 7 then goes to bed between 7 and 8 he normally wakes between 4 and 5 is up for an hour then goes back to sleep till 7 or 8. Once he took a feed and went back straight back to sleep and he has slept through once or twice. He is always smiles and goo's once he has had his feed, I change his bum, get a drink, go to the loo, have a little chat then he is rocked back to sleep. He has a hard life!!

K x
  • My LO does his too. she's 11 wks today and started with the exact same sleeping pattern, and has recently changed it. Tonight for the first time i'm going to wake her for a sleepy feed at 11:30/12 and hope she sleeps til 7/8 (extremely optimistic i realise). I'll let u know if it works, just don't want her fully wake herself up at 4 in the morning lol

Loulou x
  • Thanks for replying girls.

How did you get on then LouLou? I like to be in bed at 10ish so dont want to start getting into dream feeding if i can help it.

Gosh dont i want an easy life lol i wan to go to bed at 10 and have my baby sleep 7-7pm! haha not a chnace i think?x
  • I'm lucky in that Alfie has slept through since he was 6wks. We go to bed quite late about 10/11pm and Alfie comes up with us then although he usually falls asleep downstairs. We always wake Alfie (gently) by changing his bum and popping him into his sleepsuit and by this time he's awake enough for a feed. He usually takes about 3oz (too sleepy to finish off his usual 4 or 5oz) and then goes down straight away and sleeps until 8am.

Newlook, I know you said you'd prefer not to be feeding late but it might be worth a try to see if you can get a few more hours sleep. I know I certainly feel better not having to get up for night feeds and come 8am I'm raring to go and a lot less cranky! I think sometimes babies can pick up on your mood. Happy mummy = happy baby!

Hope things work out for you both

Shell & Alfie xx

[Modified by: floss78 on November 18, 2009 04:20 PM]

• Hi Shell/Floss78!

I was going to try it lastnight and then when i went to wake her out of her crib i decided not too, she was flat out bless her.lol

Wish i had though, she was wide awakw at 1.30,3am and 6am wanting to play. wonder why her pattern has changed so much!! maybe i should do the late feed, just hope i can cut it out eventually i dont want to be doing this forever lol

xx
  • What we have done is differentiate between day and night time. Haiden only ever goes in her moses basket at night time and I only use her sleeping bag at night too, never for day naps. I think the key is to get them to realise the difference between day and night x