Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talking :)

Hi ladies

Just thought id share with you the little things that Lily can say. Lots of people tell me she is advanced but im not sure so thought id see what veryone elses baba's do and say..! image

When someone comes in the room she waves, and when someone leaves she waves and says "bye, bye"
When i ask for a kiss she pouts and does a "mwwwah" sound smacking her lips lol
We we say where's your head she puts both hands on her head

her words are:
Mama
Dada
Bye Bye
Spoon
Cat
Out
Hot
Max (the dog) lol
Pooh-Bear!!!! haha

im sure theres a couple more that i cant think of but are all the babies more or less at the same stage or do i have a clever baba? lol

Newlook and Baby Einstein!

Replies

• Blimey newlook! that really is very advanced! Roisin favours jibberish! She says 'mama' when she wants me or wants picking up but that's about all in the correct context! She does loads of other sounds eg dada but not at any time in particular. She's been waving since 8 months. Oh and she has a go at mimicking sounds like ducks quacking ... and she 'sings along' to music and dances by waving her arms in the air! Her latest trick is blowing bubbles with her mouth, she loves it! She's also clapping all the time and joins in when audiences applaud on tv.

Go lily! x
  • Wow, and I thought my Lily was doing well, yours is well advanced!
    My Lily says
    Mum /Mama
    Dad/Daddy
    murf - the cat
    ta - although not in the right place!
    bye
    hello/hiya
    Nanna

she has just started "dancing" too, which consists of her almost swaying side to side and lifting her feet up and down when music is on - really cute!!
    Lisa & Lily x