Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

milk feeds???

Hi guys

Our little ones are growing so qiuckly i hope your all well and babys to, Ihave just had Reuben measured for his first shoe's he's a 3g so cute.

Anyhow my question is about milk feeds how many are your lo's having and have you switched to cow's milk yet?

Annette

Replies

• Options
    Hi Annette
    Holly has 3x6 oz bottles of formula, one in the morning, one in the evening and one before bed. Im thinking of dropping the evening one soon though.
    I have just started giving her cows milk on her cereal in the morning.

Interested to hear what other babies are having now :\)
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Grace will be ten months in a week's time; she has two bottles a day; one when she wakes and one before bed. I make up 8oz for each and she drinks most if not all of the morning one, and 5-6oz at night usually. She is on follow-on formula. I also sometimes give her half a tippee of cow's milk to drink herself with her tea.

Annette - I recently had Grace measured for shoes as well, she is a 3 1/2G!

Em xx
  • Options
    Hi Roisin is on Aptamil 1, she has 6 oz in the morning (drinks 5 usually) and 6 oz before bed which she usually drains. I also offer another 6 oz at 3pm which she sometimes takes and sometimes isn't fussed. She has had cows' milk on cereal since 6 months. Hoping to totally switch over soon as she's turning into quite a good little eater (when not in the grips of teething!)

My prob is she hates drinking out of cups! We have tried a doidy and various sippy cups. She'll have the bare minimum when she's desperate. She prefers to shower the room with them instead!

Any other reluctant drinkers?

Helen x

[Modified by: littlerose on July 07, 2010 08:52 PM]

• Options
    Isabelle is the most reluctant drinker in town! Still breastfeeding her morning and night but have to record how much she drinks the rest of the day "er, about the width of you thumb on a good day" is not a valid answer apparently!

Se has had cow's milk on cereal since 9 months (expressing for cereal straight into the bowl was a bit daft!) and in cooking since 5 1/2 months.

I keep trying her on cow's milk to drink, yet she spits it out, fortunately she is over the water fountain stage now, but sometimes the urge takes her and she just has to spurt eevrywhere! Monkey Girl!

Bets XxX
  • Options
    Thanks for replys, Reube has been having cows milk on cereal since 6-7 months has 3x formula bottles a day I was thinking of swapping the midday bottle to cows milk to make the swap more gradual x
  • Options
    Annette, that's what I'm going to try too x
  • Options
    hey guys,
    cailey has 2x9oz milks feeds a day, one first thing and one before bed.... she drains both. she loves her milk!
    she has been having cows milk in her cereal the last month or so, and in cooking since 6 months! i think im gonna move onto the growing up milk before bed when she is a year old.
    she is also a greedy girl with water in her cup.... she likes her tt sippy cup and the first explora one. she holds these herself but refuses to hold her own bottle!
    when do you plan on moving from a bottle for milk to a beaker? or have you already?
    i offer cailey a little water in her cup with no lid on it and she shoves it back at me!

xxx
  • Options
    Hiya, Bertie has three 5oz bottles, morn, about half 2 and bed time. He drinks juice only from his beaker but yest i put his lunch milk feed in his beaker put he just sipped at it. He was on aptamil follow on but I know how fussy he is when I change his milk so I read you can gradually mix in the cows milk with formula to help the transition so the last few weeks hechas been having 2 oz formula and the rest cows milk. Thinking of switching to cows milk on mon as I go to Rome on fri and would like to not have to worry about taking formula. Got an email from cow and gate today saying about iron which is why you should be using follow on milk, it's confusing coz literature says you should have them in cows milk totally by 12 mth but you get emails telling you otherwise. This is why I came on today after so long. Does this concern anyone else? Bertie is 11 months now but very big for his age, very healthy with a good appetite, eats lots if fruit and veg xx
  • Options
    Well Lily is confusing me! She was having 5oz in the morning, 5oz at 5pm and then 7oz at bedtime. She started crying and shaking her bottle after her 5oz morning bottle (this is normally about an hour AFTER breakfast) so my sister said offer her more, so now she has a 7oz bottle and wanted more for bed so she now has 8oz at bedtime - confusing! I thought she would stop dropping feeds not wanting more!!! lol !
    GeorgieS - I am confused about the cows milk thing too, some stuff says they should go on to it AT 12 months and some says BY 12 months - well you cant do both so which is it? I dont know when to do it yet, but I am thinking of giving her middle bottle of the day (the 5oz ) as cows milk to bring it in gradually. Although she has had cows milk on cereal for months now, and even drinks it off the spoon! x