Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Kirsty R?

Not heard from Kirsty R for a bit? Anyone know if she's ok? Hope she is.

Shell xx

Replies

• I've not heard from her - will text her and see

xxxx
  • Hi Shell and thanks for thinking of me. Thanks to Lisa too for the text. We're all fine but just been crazy busy! My cousin's house is due to go up for sale in a very sought after part of town. It's in an area where nobody ever seems to move and it's such a lovely area for little ones to grow up. We've spent many a summer night there and it's so lovely. She's moving down the road to an extended one so hers will be going up for sale.

This has meant since monday, I've had the marigolds on cleaning and tidying like a mad woman! Hubby said it was tidy to start with but you know what they're like! He thinks making the bed is tidying up image

Having 3 estate agents over and already had 2 with one tomorrow but our house has already been valued less than we'd hoped so it's not looking good to move. We'll really be stretching ourselves to move and in the current climate we'd need a hefty mortgage where we only have a small one and can pay it on one wage. If we move, I'll have to stay to at least 3 days so it's a big decision if we're planning any more etc...

Also been back to work one day per week but they're very behind with me on maternity and my colleague emigrating so I've taken files home to internally verfiy so I'm swamped with lever arch files. I put them all in the boot when the valuer came cos I had nowhere to hide them and it looked untidy! ha ha

Hope you're well and little Alfie is back on track with his eating/sleeping since he was poorly x
  • Bleeding norah - you have been busy! ha ha. Glad you're all ok though.

Bummer being back at work but at least it's not 5 days a week. I don't go back until 24th May but I'll be going back full time and I'm not looking forward to it but knowing my sister is having Alfie whilst I'm at work cushions the blow somewhat.

Alfie's back on form now thanks. Thank god for the pillow! Not sure if you've seen my other post (Fighting sleep, solved), but after the gastro he started waking in the night and had gone off his milk and was soooo cranky. I decided to try giving him a pillow in his cot as he loves to sleep in my bed (which obv has pillows) when we have a lazy lie in, in a morning so thought it worth a try. Worked a treat! He loves going to sleep in his cot now, for substantial daytime naps and bedtime and he's turned back into the gannet that he was. His milk intake had dwindled to 15oz max daily but is now upto approx 25oz daily (as well as his 3 meals daily). He's now over 20lb and the HV is pleased with him. He's always been on the 91st centile of the weight chart but he's in proportion with his length.
    He's started screeching now though and sometimes does it until he's red in the face then laughs. He's also discovered how to make a clicking sound which was cute at first but is now annoying. He still can't sit up and isn't inetersted in rolling over unless there's a newspaper within grasp. I think he's just lazy. He's becoming more alert every day though. He loves the Dolmio sponsor advert during the ad breaks of 'This Morning' and he recognises the music and looks over to watch it. Same with the Direct Line adverts and his definite fav advert is the Curiously Cinamon cereal ad. He can be virtually asleep and as soon as he hears the music he's wide awake and craning his neck to watch it. The nutter!

How's you family doing? Is Jack still jumping in his jumperoo? What does he weigh now? Good luck with whatever decision you make re the house. I'm sure everything will work out fine. I'd love to move house as when I met hubby I moved away from all my family & friends but we can't afford it right now. Hey ho.

Nice to hear from you

Shell xx
  • Pleased Alfie is back on track! It makes such a difference when they get some decent sleep in their naps. I oouldn't use a pillow for Jack cos he's started rolling onto his side in his sleep over the last couple of days so he'd bury his face too much but pleased you've found something that works! Arrrrggggghhhhh the screeching gets my ears! He goes through stages where he does it all the time over a few days then thankfully stops for a few days to let my ears recover! ha ha. Jack loves this morning tune in the ad break too.

He still loves his jumperoo but wants to walk independently now so it's breaking our backs! He still cant sit up unaided but think he's just too active cos he flings himself around too much! He's also on the 91st centile and is 21lb! He's shorter than Alfie though so is a little tank! ha ha.

We had another valuation and have decided to stay where we are for the moment. Think I got carried away with wanting the house and not really thinking about 'real life' things. Since I've been on maternity leave, our lifestyle has changed and although we could afford the new house, we'd have to give up A LOT of luxuries. Think we'll stay here and have fun for a few years until Jack goes to school then may increase my hours and look at moving then. Brad didnt want to move either because he loves his loft room. It's 22ft long so I dont blame him! lol Maybe in a few years you may be able to move back too. Time flies and they'll be at nursery before we know it image Cant believe they're both 7 months on the Sunday!

Take care
    K x