Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone still emotional??

Hi ladies

Title says it all really. I filled up taking a picture of Alex and Joe this morning and just burst out in tears watching reruns of Friends. It was one of the early ones when Ross goes to see the ultrasound and hears the heartbeat, I also got upset when Eamon Holmes was talking about bloody sisters.

Anyone else still feeling over emotional?

K x x

Replies

• Hi,
    I still find myself getting emotional over silly stuff and was putting it down to being tired; back to work fulltime, still doing all the housework etc (despite the fact OH is home most of the time looking after DD!) but I happened to mention it in passing to my HV and she said it could be high oestrogen levels still from pregnancy. She suggested taking evening primrose oil for a while and if it doesn't help going to doctors to get my hormone levels checked. Only been taking it for a couple of days so I can't let you know if it's worked yet!

Hth x

Sorry, realised I should have introduced myself! G/C from planning, but I have been lurking since I was pregnant with DD who was born Aug 09, hence why I have been keeping up with this forum......

[Modified by: becksf77 on August 05, 2010 10:45 PM]

• me!

i sit and think about this time last year and fill up..... or have tears rolling down my face reading take a break! lol or if theres summit emotional on tv!
    im a first time mummy so i was just thinking it had something to do with hear strings and having this new role!

xxx
  • Yes yes yes yes yes! I cry so easily at stuff on the tv and the like. Also when looking at/thinking about Roisin and various other things!

I thought I was just a nutter until one day I was listening to Sara Cox on the radio and she made a joke about how when you have a babies the docs must do something to your brain that makes you cry really easily at everything ... so we're not alone!
    Helen x
  • Hiya, I'm new on here but you girlys seem really friendly. Just wanted to say that I have been an emotional wreck this month! It was my little girl's first birthday on the 12th and I just keep thinking about everything that has happened this year, it's gone so quickly! It's been so difficult but so brilliant at times just wish I could go back and do it all again image
    I still have the first recording of her heart beat when I was 16 weeks pregnant and that just makes me break down lol!
    xxxx
  • I am finally getting over my emotional wreck status, yet my hormones seem to have gone crazy now? and one of my close friends too, so perhaps that explains it for us all!

I had a good cry at a book earlier though, but it was very sad!

Bets XxX