Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Your thoughts on your BFP....

With Mummyjojo's BFP - congrats again - I started to think.....If I got a BFP how wld I feel. To be completely honest with you girls...initially I wouldnt be happy.....but then of course I wld be as another beautiful baby wld be here soon. But in all honesty a BFP is the last thing I want.....I am so sleep deprived I just couldnt imagine how I wld cope....whats yr thoughts??

xxx

Replies

• I'd be delighted!!! Hubby and I are so broody right now, if we weren't moving home soon I think we would probably start ttc. But we need to settle into our new house and get to grips with living in a different area before we start filling the spare rooms with more babies!
    Fingers crossed Bebe starts letting you get some well deserved sleep soon!

Cat xxx
  • Thanks MummyCat...

I have started such a bad habit with her and she has my boob to get back to sleep..so basically everytime she stirs/wakes in the night - I have to wake to giver her my boob...I am sooo tired ;-(

I dont know how to change this habit!! That doesnt involve crying!!

xxx
  • I am certain that I wouldn't be able to cope myself just yet!

However; my birth experience was awful and this is probably impacting my thoughts! I am not at the moment even sure if I will want to TTC ever again! My hubby would absolutely love another, and would TTC now if I would agree. I will rethink when madam is approaching 12 months (mid Sept) and in any case due to having had a em c section should leave it at least that long anyway!

I think it is lovely that Jojo has her BFP and that other August mummies are following the ttc route, it's just not for me yet!

Em xx
  • For me its great. Having my children close together is what both hubby and i want. Having a large family is my idea of heaven. I was shocked and delighted in equal measure. On the down side having four children under 5 is quite daunting but thrilling too - i just love the madness of it all, also the thought of what the school fees are going to be like once all four are there i've put the back of my mind, Lilac our eldest is in pre-prep at the minute and thats astronomical but hey you can't take it with you lol.
    p.s you would cope beautifully, its amazing how quickly you adapt and very soon it just becomes normal.
    Jo xx
  • Hey JOJO!

Do all your children sleep through now? Any tips lol...

xx
  • We are looking at school fees now and they are soo expensive.....think we cld only afford to send two kids at one time!! otherwise the mortgage wouldnt get paid lol xx
  • Yeah they are all good sleepers, to be honest i've been very lucky in that respect. The one piece of mothering advice my own mother gave me was always put your baby to bed awake. That way they learn how to get to sleep, and when they wake up they are familiar with their surroundings. Think about it if you fell asleep wrapped up in someones arms then woke up alone you'd panic. Even with co-sleeping they should fall asleep naturally. I'm not a user of dummies for a few reasons and i can't do controlled crying but i won't get into that debate just lets say i find it cruel for both mother and baby. Sorry no real advice.
    Jo xx
  • We would be astounded if I were to get another BFP so soon, was told to wait 2 years after having my horrid SPD last time, yet luckily we ant a planned 4/5 year gap.

I had my implant re-fitted 1st Oct last year, exactly a year to the day after having it removed to see what happened and along came a beautiful baby! I will have it removed again on 1st Oct 2012, or there abouts, and then again we will see what happens!

as for the sleeping thing, try shushing and not feeding, just a cuddle once a night at first, than build it up so Bebe isn't totally reliant on you to go to sleep, eventually (its taken us 3 months!) she will go back to sleep with a gentle comfort from you or hubby. Isabelle has gradually uilt up in this way, as as you know, I stand in your and Jojo's camp on the evils of controlled crying (much to hubbies pleas of "just try it" NO)

Bets XxX
  • I have no advice for the sleeping through MKB as my little one is now getting up in the night..... has been since January, after sleeping through from about 6 weeks. This is because she has an awful wheeze and cough though not because she wants feeding, but I can sympathise with how tiring it is! I am also in the No to CC camp..... personally I cant do it!

From my own experience last week with AF being a week late and having had a couple of other symptoms I thought I was in for BFP! I felt kinda scared to test just incase, but found myself secretly smiling at the possibility. Hubby was also hoping it would be. Test was BFN and AF turned up the day after and I felt kind of disheartened, I would feel very blessed to get another BFP as it took us 3 years to get pregant the first time round but we're thinking the best time would be this time next year even though we are not being very careful, just going with the flow.

Massive congrats again to Jo!
    Wonder who will be next?

xxxxxx
  • I would love love love to be pregnant again but am having to be practical and wait as I'm not fortunate to be able to be a SAHM so will need to return back to work again for a bit, boo hoo!

As for the sleeping through the night thing, like jojo I put Roisin down awake (used to rock her to sleep but she got very wriggly in my arms at 5 months and I found that she prefered to just be put down). This def helps to teach baba to self settle and she can see herself off if she wakes in the night. I too could never use CC/CIO x
  • Hi, I would love a BFP again but like you my bubba not sleeping through and never has and in fact think hes getting worse!! I always put him down awake but he cant seem to self settle during the night and is waking every 3 to 4 hours at moment. The later it gets the harder he is to settle. I too dont like CC! Mind you if I put him in bed with us he goes to sleep straight away the little sod, ha ha! So if anyone has any miracle sleep solutions let me know!! My friends have said 2nd babies are easier as they have to "fit in" with whats already in place within family. Dunno how true this is but they said you are more relaxed second time round!! We'll see! x
  • I am going to read the "NO Cry Sleep Solution' book tomorrow....I have read the 'nap solution' one and it was really helpful. I will let you know what miracle cure she suggests lol xx

• Ive got that book! Ive had a brief look! Maybe I should read it properly! I will let you read it and tell me what to do, ha ha!! x