Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another weaning question (sorry)

Hiya

I started Jack on some baby rice Thursday night and he loved it, i have a chart/weaning guide thingy from Hipp and it states he can have 1-2 teaspoons once a day, then on week 2 he can have 1-5 teaspoons twice a day.So far all he has had is baby rice but i am wondering when i should try something else or whether i should just stick to baby rice? Also he is still waking during the night which doesn't bother me but he has been sleeping through since 8/9 weeks and the past week or so started waking again.

Thanks, Shezza xxx

Replies

• Hi, its easyto stick to one thing, especially if its going well, buti'd start trying other things, cow and gate porridge is fab to start with, try making your own apple or sweet potato, they tend to go downwell to start with. dont bother with the guides, i think they're very confusing. as long as hes still having milk it doesn't really matter how much solids he has too. I dont give solids before bed so lydia has more during the day x