Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Very sad, but has to be posted.

Hello everyone,

My name is Amy, I was one of mummyK's close friends.

Heartbreakingly, she passed away 2 weeks ago. As I'm sure you know, she had PND and one thing hit her after another. She was having a lot of pains in her stomach and when she went for a scan it showed what they thought was "left overs" from the birth of her daughter. Unfortunately they 'got it wrong' and something inside her went infected and she died from septicemia (cant spell that sorry). I think she was just too tired to fight anymore.

We are all very angry! It seems like such a silly thing to die from when it could have been caught and treated and we still cant believe its right!!!

She talked so much about this site and the "lovely ladies and their babies". I think she would have wanted me to tell you.

Her daughter (5months now) is rolling over and has been for about 3 weeks. Her son is doing okay too. He has quite a bad cough and is on antibiotics. He is also not eating properly still, Im sure she posted a couple of times about that too.

I just want to thank you all for helping her when she needed it, even when it was just about teething or feeding or anything. Take care of YOURSSELVES as well as your babies as we dont want this to happen to anyone else

Amy x

Replies

• o my gosh that is awful, thank you for letting us know. my thoughts are with you all xxxxxx
  • Oh my god, I was only thinking of her the other day, as I'd noticed she hadn't been on for a while. I'm so very sorry I really don't know what say. We both had the same due date and our little one's both were born on the same day. Please give her gorgeous little ones a big hug from me. I'll be thinking of them and her family & friends

Cat xxx
  • Oh my gosh, I don't know what to say. I'm so so sorry to hear this terrible news. Please give her babies a big cuddle from all of us on BE and send our love to all her family and friends. Thankyou for letting us know.
    I'm so sad image
    xxxxx
  • That's so sad. My thoughts are with you all and her two babies.
    Thank you for telling us, it must've been hard.

Big higs xxx
  • oh how terrible - love to friends and family of mummyk.

xxx
  • my thoughts are with her 2 little babies - life can be so cruel image
    xx
  • Oh my gosh - this is so sad - such shocking news.
    My heart goes out to her friends and family - and her two little ones inparticular. xxx
  • So sad ... thank you so much for letting us know, love and prayers to her 2 babies x x x
  • im so sorry to hear such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and mummyk's family. especially her 2 children.
  • Oh my goodness, I am shocked and horrified. Thank you for letting us know and please pass on my love and prayers to her family.

• Oh my god,I'm so sorry. This is the first time I've logged on for a while and I'm so sad. Thank you for telling us,my thoughts are with her babies x
  • Oh my gosh, am in total shock! Please pass our thoughts to her little ones & her family, such a sad and pointless waste of a life xx
  • omg! so sad, thinking of her friends,family and sending lots of hugs to her lo's. im so speechless right now! image
  • I have gone cold reading this.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, thankfully you will be there in years to come to let Ben and Taylor know what a wonderful mummy they had.

Thoughts and prayers are with you

Bets XxX

[Modified by: betsyboo on January 20, 2010 11:40 PM]

• oh my gosh.... i am so shocked! so sad.
    im so sorry for your loss!
    thinkinf of all mummyk's friends and family, especially her 2 babies.
    xx xx
  • Oh how awful, what dreadful news, thinking of her family and friendsx xx
  • thank you all for your wonderful replies.
    mummy cat, she told me about u and your baby! she was so thrilled that she had another baby born on the same day that she "knew".
    i didnt realise how much babyexpert meant to her.
    take care to everyone and your babies and thanks again image

Amy x
  • thank you all for your wonderful replies.
    mummy cat, she told me about u and your baby! she was so thrilled that she had another baby born on the same day that she "knew".
    i didnt realise how much babyexpert meant to her.
    take care to everyone and your babies and thanks again image

Amy x
  • Thoughts, love and prayers to all the family at this time. x
  • How terribly sad, much love to her family, especially the babies x