Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I want another baby

I just need to write this no need to reply xx

As most of you know my lo was an ivf baby 1st attempt we were very lucky after 2 years of ttc we have 3 frozen embroys and I soooooooo want another baby..... I am so scared it won't work second time and we can't afford another fresh cycle. Also I had such a bad birth and had a seizure after the birth and still haven't got my driving licence back I am so scared the same will happen again if I have another baby.

I treasure my lo and if it doesn't work i'll be happy with my gorgoeus little man i realise how luck we are xx

Replies

• Hi hun. I think if it's meant to be it will. Maybe worth a good chat with the consultant to see why you had the seizure and if it could happen again. I completely understand that you're anxious to have another as I had a terrible birth and experience where we were both in intensive care with my first. I was in hospital for a week and Brad was in for 7 weeks. 2nd time around, having Jack was a dream! Had my lunch an hour after the birth and was allowed home the next day.

My friend/ work colleague had two rounds of IVF and fell pregnant with Hannah (now 8!) after 4 years of ttc at the age of 36. They decided against another try and counted their blessings only to find that at the age of 39 she fell pregnant naturally with twins! Non identical too so after desperately trying to fertilize 1 egg to no avail for 4 years, then invasive treatment, they caught 2 swimmers in one swoop! Callum and Joseph are now 5 and she's still amazed to this day. Delivered saftely by c-cection at 35 weeks. Her consultant said that sometimes one pregnancy can kick start your system and it knows what to do for a second.

Whatever you decide, as you say Reuben is a blessing and he's a lucky boy to have been so wanted. image

K x
  • ahhhh annette - i didnt know all that - congratulations on yr son. i hope you get yr second bubba xxxx
  • Hope you are just as lucky this time round x