Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Doing it again?

So who thinks they will do it all over again?

As soon as Haiden was born I said to her that she wasn't getting any brothers or sisters- I really didn't think I could do that again- it was horrific. But I don't want her to be an only child, and I don't want to waste my maternity clothes either!

Looks like I will have to do it all again!!!

Plus I really miss being pregnant (even though I didn't enjoy mu pregnancy much). Does anyone else feel like that?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Yes i will be doing it all again - even though Iris is my third and she's only 10 days old i know i want more - My first labour was by far the hardest thing i've ever done but its amazing how quickly you forget - i love being pregnant and enjoy motherhood so much - i'm one of five and had such a great childhood i'd like that for my children too - However, it a very individual choice and i don't think being an only child is bad thing either.
    Jo xxxx
  • Options
    Yeah, I definately want to do it again, in fact high on gas and air I was claiming that I'd like to give birth everyday (I wasn't saying this 3 days later with an episiotomy and constipation!) but on the mend now and definately want a brother of sister for Fraser in the future. Just hope I have an easier pregnancy next time as I'd say for me the pregnancy with all the sickness and OC was worse than the birth- pregnancy's 9 months but my labour was only 5hrs 23mins. x
  • Options
    Hi, well I definatley will not be going through labour again, it was horiffic. With my first son I had an epidural and didnt feel a thing but the sheer shock of having a fast labour and no time for pain relief will take some getting over. I may change my mind one day when I have got over the shock but for the moment the thought of ever getting pregnant again terrifies me. I know I sound dramatic and OTT but it was truly awful.

On the other hand I should be pleased I had a fast labour and a really smooth pregnancy but what really put me off being pregnant is the constant worry that everything will go ok, the worry that never goes away until your holding your little bundle and counting all its fingers and toes

Good luck to you brave girls who are going for your second or third.

Gxx
  • Options
    This is a difficult one for me, as I can easily say right this minute I dont want anymore but I know that in another couple of years I will get broody again!
    After giving birth to my first daughter I said no way am I going through that again then here I am 3 1/2 years later with a 2 week old baby girl hehe!
    Even though it was a straight forward pregnancy I didnt enjoy the morning sickness or the discomfort at the end and even though It was a straight forward labour it was painful in the active stage.
    I have recovered VERY quickly this time, (even had sex already) and feeling back to normal, almost missing my bump!
    Also at the moment my eldest daughter is quite naughty and she is exhausting, I would say the baby is easier haha
    Who knows?

Fiona xxxx
  • Options

I definitely won't be doing it again.

We had already decided before Caitlin was born that we were having no more and that DH was going to go for the snip. However after such a horrendous experience after the birth (retained placenta and PPH) that has cemented the decision for us both.

Due to the retained placenta I have been told that I wouldn't be allowed to have a homebirth again and after having such a wonderful experience at home I don't think I could have my baby any where else!!!.

I feel sad that I won't have any more babies but know in my heart that its the right choice.

Love and hugs
    Clare & Caitlin
    2 weeks 3 days old
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the worry Georgie. And the beginning of my pregnancy was doubly hard what with my increased risk of another ectopic

Um- Fiona... sex? You have had sex? How the hell have you done that?!! xx
  • Options
    I know its mad isnt it, only 11 days after birth!!!!

Ive recovered super quick this time and feeling back to normal even the bleeding is minimal, some days Im not bleeding at all.
    We had been getting close a couple of nights leading up to it and we felt ready, it wasnt something we planned and I did feel nervous but it was great. OH still fancies me like mad (his words) and has been all over me. He actually made me cry because he has even been saying that he loves my jelly belly and stretchmarks! haha

Took us over six weeks after our first, but I did have stitches and was extremely sore.

Fiona & Ella, 2 weeks 2 days old xxxx
  • Options
    We defo want another, going to wait until James is about 18 months and then try again.

I will be having a planned section next time though as my daughter was a very difficult forceps birth and my son was an emergancy section so although getting over a section is much harder than I ever thought it would be - the blimmin infection hasnt helped! - Im going to go down that route next time.

Especially as James was over 11lbs and babies are meant to get bigger - gulp! xxx
  • Options
    John asked me 2 hours after Holly was born if I would do it again and I said i;d do it again tomorrow!! I was extremely lucky and feel truly blessed that it was such an amazing experience. The worst part is definitely the pain from the stitches and the swelling, but thats much better today, and its all worth it image

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    I feel such a wuss, cos I had a planned section and never experienced one labour pain, and those that have had planned sections and natural childbirths say a section is by far a less stressful experience. But I have to say I hated it. I hated the epidural, the spinal and the way all the drugs made me throw up, I hated the feeling of having my internal organs moved around and the overwhelming tiredness that meant I could barely keep my eyes open to see my little boy during the second half of the op. I would prob have to have a section again, as they do think it was the shape of my uterus that caused Fred to be transverse and I was so sad afterwards that I would porbably not have another baby because I hated it all so much. But one week on and it's fading already and I'm so in love with Fred, that I would love to experience the joy of having a new baby again.....so yep I guess i will certainly try!

But OMG Fiona!! I can't believe you have had sex already. I just told hubby and he said when do you think we will have sex again.....sometime around 2011 I said! xx
  • Options
    Slippers you really shouldnt feel like a wuss. The lady in the room with me had a planned section and while I was up and down enjoying my baby and visitors, being able to have a shower etc, she was in agony having to call a midwife every time she wanted to feed her baby or put her back into her cot. Its definitely not an easier option.
    Congrats btw, not sure if I got around to all the threads on the due in forum, our days of leisurely reading all posts are long gone i think!!!!

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    sorry g/c hahaha....hopefully wont be saying that for much longer!!

Fiona - sex!! Are you allowed?? my MW has already told me not until after 6 weeks as all yr bits and bobs are not 'recovered'

xxx
  • Options
    well I feel recovered, I have read somewhere that you can have sex again whenever you want as long as you feel ready of course. I had a natural straight forward birth with no tears so thats probably why. My lochia had pretty much stopped too xx
  • Options
    you go girl haha xx
  • Options
    Yes, definetly!

Even when I was pregnant I kept talking about the next one and my hubby were talking about it this morning! I had a section though, so albeit recovery has been hard, the actual giving birth bit wasn't!

We've also had our first encounter, about 2 weeks after - but it kick started my loss again, so not done it since!

Rach xxx
    3 weeks & 2 days
  • Options
    Was reading through our old posts bringing back memories and came across this one. Its interesting to see if we really are doing it again.........?!!!!!

I want to more than ever image
  • Options
    Soon I hope!! x
  • Options
    Haha, I couldnt wait to be pregnant again even back then!!!
  • Options
    Can hardly believe i've had another since then, i actually remember posting my reply... Casper is 10wks old today!!!!!

Jo xxx
  • Options
    lol JoJo you dont hang about do you hunny, whens your next one due? lol

Will you be doing it for the 5th time? xx