Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nightime Questions?

Good morning ladies

Just a few questions about your little ones.

I was thinking of putting little J in his own room this weekend and was wondering if your little ones slept better in their own room?

J is waking twice during the night, taking a feed but he is not really hungary, he settles himself to sleep at night and during the day, in his cot, but won't do it in the middle of the night. My conclusion is that he is aware that I am right next to him and would prefer a cuddle/suckle to get back off to sleep. But if not it means that I will be up and out of bed twice in the middle of the night making me more knackered and ratty than I am now :roll:

Also, does your liitle ones sleep on their front?

J wiggles and jiggles himself to sleep in his cot and almost always end up at the top of his cot face down or to the side, is it safe at this age (8months) to sleep in their front?

Hope everyone is well and babies are thriving

Love K

PS. Has anyone heard from Nic2008 (right name)?

Replies

• My friend suggested that you thread the cot bumper through the bars so that it is not a suffocation risk and they can't get their limbs through. x x x
  • Hiya. My LO slept better in our room! I use to complain that my OH woke him up in the morning cos he was too noisy! Wish we were back to that, ha ha! Hes a nightmare at the min, he also tries rolling during the night and getting right up to the cot bars, then he gets upset too and i cant resettle him (he cant settle himself)! I use the AirWrap cot bumpers that are suppose to be safe. Mind you he pulls himself up on them! Anyway, all babies are different and your LO might be okay in own room!! x
  • Hiya,
    Alfie has been in his own room since about 4 month old and has slept brill. He has started to shift about recently since he discovered the joys of rolling a week ago (nightmare nappy changes now!) and he ends up on his side but never face down so far.
    Apparently I slept on my front from a few wk old. I used to do it in my pram and a lady stopped my mum and told her off. My mum suggested the lady tried turning me back. She did and I promptly turned back onto my front! I'm still stubborn now, he he. I'm not sure about what age is shouldn't be a worry if sleeping on their front though.
    That's a good idea 'bout threading the cot bumper!

Shell xx
  • James went into his own room at about 7 months and he has slept soooo much better since then x
  • H webt in his own room at 14 weeks (numerous reasons for it). We've had up and down months and he is a NIGHTMARE in terms of being so active in his sleep (so much so we've videoed it for the paediatrician) but we think we've turned a corner now and he definately sleeps better in his own room and we too sleep better.