Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Brief questions - haha!

Hi girls,
Sorry I have not posted much, I am always reading the posts though! Just wanted to pick some of your brains about a few thing if thats ok.
Firstly Lily has chicken pox at the moment and is coping really well with it, she has it REALLY bad bless her I have given up dabbing cream on the ones on her back and now just cream the whole back!! My Mum told me that I have to report it to the doctor so its on her medical record, I dont feel she needs to see one, but is that right? Can I tell them at a later date, or her next appointment?

I love being at home with Lily, even though she is hardwork at night with this chicken pox at the moment, I am hoping it will sort itself out once it goes as she was always so good.
I have started doing handmade cards, favours & invitations etc, all inspired by working from home for Lily! You can find me on facebook on "Lily kisses...xx" - Sorry shameless plug!!

I am also sooo jealous of the August ladies on here expecting again - Congratualtions! I want another one too, me thinks hubby and I need to have a chat!

That kind of takes me too my next question - Since Lily was born I have thought that her left leg is fractionally shorter than her right, I mentioned it to hubby, he couldn't see it, my Mum couldn't see it, nor my sister or friends etc. The doctor never noticed anything at her 8 week check (although she screamed the whole way through)! Anyway I am waffling now, I still thought there was a difference but thought maybe I was being paranoid! So on Sunday Lily was sat in highchair and it looked more obvious, I pointed it out to hubby and he noticed (hurrah, am not going mad!!) So he now is paying more attention and said that when she stands (with us holding her hands) her left leg is locked straight and her right is bent slightly as its longer, It appears to be from her knees down, if you put her legs together her knees line up but her ankle bones don't, we are only talking about 4mm here, but now I am stressing as I showed my sister it yesterday too and she could see it, so is it worse or just more obvious as she is standing etc? The worst thing is I can't do anything about it now because of this bloody chicken pox!! she is still getting them and blistering so I cant take her anywhere yet. Sorry I know its a lot of waffle but I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this, I have been really good and NOT googled anything, but I am not stupid I know this could mean operations etc etc!

Well done if you got to the end of this, and thanks
Lisa & Lily xx:\):\)

[Modified by: lisabump on 28 April 2010 11:55:13 ]

Replies

• Firstly big hugs to Lily and you! My two and hubby had chicken pox over Xmas... Not fun!
    I didn't tell my GP and nobody mentioned doing so to me, but I'm seeing him tomorrow anyway so I'll mention it.
    My sister has just been told that one of legs is fractionally longer (she's 26) nobody has ever spotted a difference including her! She has back problems so they think it has been making it slightly worse. I'm sure if you speak to your GP they can look into to it, but be persitant and make sure they do the necessary checks, for your own peace of mind.

Cat xxx