Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm freaking out :-(

Hi all i know i haven't been on here for ages but it feels like your the only ladies i can turn to right now.

I got up like every hour last night to go for a wee & hubby joked "your not pregnant are you?". Well i took a test this morning, just for peice of mind, and it was positive!

I haven't told hubby (he was already at work) or anyone. I don't know what to do or how i feel. I'm really freaking out now & crying. Don't get me wrong we do want another baby but we're just not ready yet.
This will sound really selfish but i've just got my life back to a comfortable routine. Everything is going amazingly with my hubby and our LO so i've been really happy. Working part time, joined a band and we gig every now and again, and got a group of other mum friends etc. I've never had any worries or sadness about lo and we were extatic when we had her. Honestly, she's made our lives so amazing. But going from 1 to 2 i've been told is a big change. Especially when they'll only be 18 months apart.

I know there's lots of other mummy's on here who are having babies again v soon and a massive congratulations to you all, i'm really happy for you. We do want another, i just don't feel ready yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Laura x

Replies

• Options
    I'm so sorry this isn't the news you are hoping for

I think you need to talk to OH tonight and really discuss you options. Alot of people say that it is really good have 2 close in age as you get all the sleepless nights and nappies over at the same time, then you really can get you life back on track when both are a bit bigger

I'm sorry I can't really offer any more advice than that, but we are all here to talk to of course. Let us know how you get on xxx
  • Options
    oh honey I dont know what advice to give you, except that you need to tell OH and sit down and really think about this. Go through all your options and pros and cons.
    It will all work out in the end hun xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll sit down with hubby asap and talk it over. He'll be really supportive i know that. I'm feeling a bit better now but thats because i've stopped thinking about it (denial)!
    It's ultimately great to be blessed with a baby i know that there are so many people out there who are desperate for a baby. So please don't think i'm being ungrateful. Just needed someplace to express all my shock and worries. xx
  • Options
    Oh sweetie its such a big thing to get your head round even when its planned and your waiting for it, so its bound to come as shock when you don't feel ready and you weren't expecting it. Everything you have said makes a lot of sense and don't think for a second that you are coming across as selfish, you have sit down and get your head round it, speak to your husband then this will sound ridiculous and possibly impossible but sit back from the situation for a few days let it sink in and the discuss it again, Whatever you decide you have to have peace of mind with it and you will have our support, we are hear to listen, advise, suppost, help and praise but never judge.
    Big Hugs
    Jo xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Thak you so much Jo. Just what i needed to hear image
    I just need to let it sink in properly that we have another baby on the way! Even though it seems so close, maybe thats a good thing. I don't know, still confused. I'll let u know how it goes when i break the news to hubby (although he was asking when we were having another the other day so will prob be excited).

Thanks everyone xxx
  • Options
    Oh Laura,

big hugs sweetie - Hand on heart i'd be feeling the same.
    Its really overwhelming isn't it but you're probably in shock too.
    Take some time to think things through with hubby and things will eventually become clearer.
    We're here to listen when you need us.

Lisa x
  • Options
    just wanted to say good luck with everything and i hope things work out for the best. sometimes a surprise can be the best thing in the world, so try not to panic too much image hope you're getting on ok x
  • Options
    Oh hun, congratulations. Im sure once you get used to the idea you will be thrilled.
    I really want another and we are trying but I still have the occasional wobble over whether I will cope with 2 so young and money and everything, its perfectly normal.
    Also I think its easy to be completely positive and happy first time round cos you dont really know what you are letting yourself in for!!
    You are a brilliant mum and that is why you are so concerned. But everything will be fine, a bit hectic sure but you will soon wonder what you were so worried about.

Big hugs
    Lisa xxx
  • Options
    Hey Laura
    How are you feeling today? Have you told your OH yet? xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations Laura!! I can imagine how hard it is for you to get your head around this, it was hard for me and we actually planned to have ours so close together. We know that you're not being ungrateful, it's just a massive shock for you. Hope you're okay. x
  • Options
    hey hun....
    congratulations and big hugs! have you spoken to hubby yet?
    i think i agree with lisao, its so exciting and positive first time round as you dont know what to expect. i dont think your selfish, i think id be a bit scared to begin with too, and we've been speakin about having another for a while now!
    i hope it all works out for you and im sure it will! you'll soon be sayin you dont know why you were so worried in the first place!
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hi all thank you so much for the kind words pf advice. I've been meaning to reply for days but its all been a bit hectic.
    My hubby was working over the weekend so i never got a chance to sit down and tell him. Monday i went to the doctors as i woke up with really bad pains in my tummy. The doctor confirmed i was pregnant & then rang the hospital because he wanted me to go in for a scan to make sure it wasn't an eptopic pregnancy! Well i took lo as i didn't think it would take long & i didn't want to call hubby out of work if unnecessary.
    Anyway (sorry this is long-winded i'm really tired) got to hosp, waited for 2 hrs, doc saw me & did every test u can think of EXCEPT scan, then told me i had to stay in hospital to get my scan the following day. I asked if i could go home & drop lo off but she said no. She was really nasty. So i rang hubby in full tears & told him i was in hospital & he had to come get lo. Bless him, he must've been so worried. When he got to me i told him everything & he was so happy that we were pregnant/worried that it could be eptopic.
    The actual stay in hospital was horrible, i was on a drip & my blood pressure dropped through the sleepless night. The next day i had my scan & they confirmed that the baby was in the right place & that i was 5 weeks 6 days!!! So far along, how did i keep having my periods?!
    So that night i told hubby all was well & he was so happy, he thinks its great that they'll be so close together as him & his sister are 18 months apart & have always been really close. Seeing him being so happy has definitely made me more excited.

Laura xxx
  • Options
    Oh hun - sorry you had a rubbish time but so glad you're feeling happier.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

xxx
  • Options
    Oh you poor thing, you've really been through it. Thank goodness everything is ok.

Take care xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had a rather traumatic few days but soooo pleased everything has worked out and you can embrace what will be so wonderful. Please keep us posted and huge congratulations to you and your growing family.
    Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi all i just wanted to a big thank you to everyone for all the kind words of advice, they helped a lot.

Genuinely i'm really excited now! It's taken 2 weeks to get over the shock but now it just feels right & real i guess. I know its going to be hard with 2 only 19 months apart but i would like to think that they'll be able to play together when they're bigger image
    My husband is so excited as well & he's got so many supportive & positive things to say. Anyway we're both really happy now so i feel much calmer.

Loulou xx
    6+6 !!!!! image
  • Options
    Congratulations you lucky lady! I don't think there's ever a 'right time' for a baby. We hope to try again at the end of the year but if we fell sooner, I'd prob freak like you at first then get very very excited. Your little bean was meant to be! And I think that's a lovely age gap. There was 20 months between me and my sis and my mum managed just fine- it was wonderful for us to grow up so close in age and now she's my best friend x
  • Options
    hey,
    ive just caught up on this post!
    really sorry to hear about the tough time u had, im glad all is well now!!
    congrats to u again!
    xxx