Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Standing Up?

Hi Ladies

Does anyone's lo's not really stand up yet, even if you hold them? Lily doesnt really although she will bounce up and down but curls her legs up if i just stand her up lol

I had an email off 'babycentre' saying most babies are puling them selves up on everything by now ----- Lily is no where near doing this?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Newlook dont worry about what babycentre or anyone else says. Most babies aren't pulling themselves up by now and I bet if we did a poll of the August babies most probably aren't.
    H is and part of me wishes he wouldn't cos he does it in his cot in the middle of the night and then falls and sometimes hurts himself - its a bloody nightmare.
    They'll be tons of stuff Lily does that others dont they just learn things at different rates - e.g. h can crawl/stand but he isn't very good with his hands, like swapping toys etc or doesn't seem to be 'talking' 'chatting' much at the moment either.
  • Options
    Agree totally with Mrs N. Roisin is the opposite to H- she'a massive babbler, v sociable, v good with hands but doesn't crawl or successfully pull herself up (though is trying), in fact until she hit 8 months she'd still keel over if she tried to pick something up when sitting and didn't roll until 7 months! Those websites can freak you out x
  • Options
    My Isabel is the same Newlook - no crawling or standing on her legs but could sit on Mummy's lap all day long - but she does clap and wave and babbles all day! She can't even roll over as hates going on her tummy. I'm just enjoying being able to have a coffee in peace in a coffee shop while my friends battle with their wriggle children. I'm sure it will come.

Click
  • Options
    My lol is the same, she is very chatty and very good with her hands, but she wont take her weight on her legs, wont even bounce up and down in the jumperoo never mind pulling herself up. She can sit very well and loves to play but she doesnt roll either as she also hates being on her tummy.
    They all develop at different stages. Im enjoying her staying in one place as much as possible.
    My sis told me you want them to walk and talk and when they do you want em to sit down and be quiet lol.
    xxxx