Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First tooth & Crawling all in one week - anyone else??

Hi guys, it doesn't seem like 2 mins ago since I was wiling George to roll over at Christmas and now within the space of a week he's starting crawling and yesterday his first tooth popped up!

The tooth is cute but the crawling is scaring the living daylights out of me, the whole house feels like one huge danger to him now, yesterday I found him in my telephone cupboard and today he had pulled his toy basket over and emptied the contents!

How is everyone else getting on and does anyone know how much bubblewrap you need for the whole house???!!!!

Claire & George xx

Replies

• Wow, how exciting! Well done George.

Grace had two teeth pop through at 4 1/2 months.... she would love to crawl but it's a bit early yet as she's not even six months til Sunday. Early for George as well though!

Bet you wish you had eyes in the back of your head, lol image

Em x
  • Wow - clever George! Jack got 2 teeth at 4 1/2 months the same as Grace but cant crawl yet. He just humps the floor or snots on the carpet! Typical man eh? He can almost sit unaided but falls to the side after a while and he's 7 months on the 21st so they're all different. He can roll one way but not the other so he does stay put - for now! ha ha

I remember from Brad becoming mobile that they will pull everything over and bump themself on every corner. I was advised to crawl around on my hands and knees to see everything from a baby's eyes in order to baby proof my house. Sounds crazy but it works as you see things you wouldn't expect they will notice or go for. Time for plug cov ers and baby gates I'm afraid - oh and eyes in the back and the sides of your head! It's great for weight loss because they really do have you on your toes all day.

I found a travel cot with toys in is a great place to put them if you have to nip to the loo or answer the door.

It is a magical time though as every day now he'll amaze you with something new and does pass quickly so enjoy xxx
  • crawling wow thats fab xx
  • Yay! Clever George! Bless him!
    Issy is so desperate to crawl. SHe is up on all fours and can go backwards but not forwards yet. SHe also goes round in circles and gets really frustrated as she's not getting anywhere. I don't think it will be long! We went out and bought stairgates on Friday so we're ready for when she takes off.
    No toothy pegs yet though. She's been teething for 2 months but nothing yet! I check every morning hehe!

I can imagine the house feeling dangerous to them, I need to baby proof everywhere as it's so not safe at the moment.

xxxxx