Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Party bags?

I have been racking my brain about these, I am a big party bag girl, we had them at the wedding for the kids but they were older.

What are people thinking for baby friends (all about 1-18months)?

Obviously they will have bubbles, a balloon, piece of cake, box of raisins/ fruit snack but what gift, my friend put little wooden spinning tops, maybe some chubby crayons?

I think I will do generic ones for the older kids coming later, just the usual choc, balloon, cake and notepad/glittery thing/ugly monster for the boys but I can do them easy!

Any ideas/suggestions you have are most welcome!
Bets XxX

Replies

• Options
    Older kids polystrene aeroplane. Younger kids soft ball?

Dx
  • Options
    I am going to put a bath book in the baby ones, and in all of them hopefully I will put a teddy shaped cookie cutter x
  • Options
    How about a bath squirter toy? Suitable for all ages (keeps me entertained and I'm 31, he he). You often get them in packs of 3, could split them and put one toy in each?

Shell xx
  • Options
    parrty bags i can't believe our babys are going to be 1 we don't have any other children coming to our party so don't need party bags xxx
  • Options
    Squirters are a good idea, and I love the cookie cutter idea!

Found some little wooden bracelets and watches and whistles on birthdaycreations.co.uk that I quite liked the look of!

I gave all the mums in our group a set of mini ice lolly moulds and they would have been perfect, they were such a hit, never had so many thankyous for 59p! The home bargains guy thought I was crazy buying 14 sets!

Bets XxX
  • Options
    u got mini ice lolly moulds for 59p in home bargains bets?
    need to get myself along to our local one!
    i also like the idea of the bath squirters! im thinking more about the party this month.... we got the cake being made... boucy castle booked!! just praying for sunshine haha!
    i cant wait to see all the 1st birthday pics! we should post a then n now after the parties! birth and 1yr!
    xxx
  • Options
    Party bags for babies - OMG it had not even crossed my mind, will be stealing a few ideas girls hope you dont mind! - Also off the party food thread too image x
  • Options
    Righty, I have ordered my party bag fillers. We have 3 big kids (almost 6, 4 and 3) and 5 little ones not including Haiden (ranging from 4 months to 14 months)

In the big kids bags are going- balloon, cookie cutter, bag of magic stars, set of invisible ink spy pens
    In the little kids bags are going- balloon, cookie cutter, Organix fruit flakes (Haiden loves these!) and a bath book

I haven't got the bags themselves yet as I don't know how big the pen sets and bath books are

xx
  • Options
    ELC have bubbles reduced at the moment to ??2.40 for 6 and they work unlike cheapies! Been and bought 18!

Also got the milkybars, little books and organix cereal bars.

Need to buy bags but got favour boxes for mini cupcakes that I can stick Ladybugs on, they are black with white polka dots!

Going to try home bargains for bags tomorrow as the paper ones in hobbycraft were miles tooo big, it would cost me ??10 a head to fill them! apparently they sell brown paper ones that I will happily customise!

Isabelle's party now has it's own sketchbook, think the planning is doing me good , as I love nothing more than organsing (other peoples weddings are my fav!)

Bets XxX
  • Options
    What actual bags are people going with? Just the standard party plastic ones? Or little paper ones? x
  • Options
    We've got a couple of older kids (both boys) coming to Alfie's birthday bash and we're going to put in their party bag little pirate transfer tattoos. At our wedding reception we had retro sweets as our favours and the 'Happy Tattoo' bubblegums that have a tattoo inside went down a storm with the kids, they were covered! Hence the idea.

I've been looking at this website if anyone is interested....

http://www.partythings2go.co.uk/html/just_for_boys_party_bag_filler.html

Shell xx