Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Born early due in Sept

Hi this feels strange that Iam in august Chat room baby was not due till Sept. I had a nice pregnany up till the last few weeks as baby stop growing and a lot of running back and forth till hospital,

In the end baby born at 36 weeks and very small just under 5lb with baby in specail unit and out within a week it feels good to be home.

Even though I feel over the mood with the whole experience, Just trying to get use to the sleepless night and finding it hard to get a pattern as I need to ensure baby is sticking to feeding time to put weight on.

Everyone tell me it gets easier I hope so...

Replies

• Hi Djay welcome to "born in August" - everyone here is really lovely. Congratulations on the birth of your baby and glad all is now well and you and your little one are home. I'm Jo i had my third baby August 8th a little girl - also have another little girl aged 3 1/2 years and a little boy 22 months. It does get easier and once you are getting enough sleep its a breeze - well most of the time lol. Again welcome to "born August" and take care
    Jo xxxxxxxx
  • Hey there welcome to August, it is a fab group of ladies! Am pleased to hear all is going well now after a shakey start hun. What did you have?

Im Em and my little chap Fred is 13 days old, i am breastfeeding every 3 hours and layching on is sore which stresses me out but they tell me it gets better! xx
  • Hey Djay,

I'm from Sept too! What is your little one called?!

I had Reuben at 35 weeks, weighing 5lb 4oz and was in intensive care for 2 weeks - hope you and little one are all ok now?!

Rach xxx
  • Thanks guys for making me welcome I have always been on this site during my pregnancy but this is the only time i have posted something a story shared is a story halfed.
    My boy is called Jaydon he was 4lb at 36 weeks. even I took hin out the other day a few comments how little he is..lol Iam also Breast feeding and it is sore but I have to do this as he gets the best from this milk but iam mixing with his pre mature formula milk. Even though Iam a little sore after C section I look at his little face and think I would do it again and again.
    So what are you ladies up to this sunny Bank hoilday weekend? Iam gonna take Jaydon to the park a bit of fresh air.