Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How is everyone?

How are you all?

Things are ok with me and James, he is just over three weeks old now and a very content baby which is nice - although Im sure it wont stay that way!!

We have just started him on four hourly feeds from three hourly and so far thats going ok, he only wakes up once in the night which is lovely and then gets up between 6:30 and 7:00 which is good but Im not a morning person at all so dont think I will get used to starting the day at 6:30!!

The district nurses are still coming out daily to check on my wound from the section infection, they also dress it. Its such a pain not being able to have showers though, it takes me ages to have a thorough wash every day and its never the same as a nice long hot shower!!!

I still feel very unlucky to have got such a bad infection from the hospital and the hassle it has caused but Im trying to focus on the fact that I cant change the situation so Ive tried to change my attitude instead!! xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jem,

Everything is good with Ella and I, she's 3 weeks and 4 days old now. She is having 4 1/2 oz every 3 hours and sleeps solidly for 6 hours each night. Although last night she had a bottle at 6.40pm went to sleep at 8.30pm then didnt get up for another bottle until 5.30am!!!! Thats 11 hours between feeds? But she did have a sleepless night last night.
    Think she may be having a growth spurt, she was having 3 1/2 oz every 3 hours but she started to wake up screaming every 2 hours for it so thats why were giving her more.

Ella is such a content baby, she'll just lay there for ages looking around, taking it all in and she has started to smile back at us already which is lovely!! image

Its quite hard work with 2 children, I hardly get any time to wash Jem! lol, I find it easier to have a bath/shower in evening whilst OH is home then wash my hair super quick in the mornings but usually dont get time to straighten it.

[img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2009/08/10/6WVX.jpg[img noborder]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/TgPlp1.png
  • Options
    HI ladies

Joe is 11 days old today and he is doing super. not sure what weight he is as the midwives have not weighed him yet. He is being breastfed and feeds 6/7 times per day the rest of the time he sleeps! He also takes his last feed about 11pm and only wakes once between 3 & 4 for a feed then goes back to sleep till 7 & 8. WHAT A STAR!!! He has about 2/3 hours a day when he is just taking things in and looking round. He has started to try and focus on our faces and looks for me and dad when he hears our voices.

I take my hat off to those of you with young children and babies, My son is 9 years old and is such a help and can entertain/feed/look after himself I don't know how I would cope with a toddler.

Not sure how I will cope when hubby returns to work and the school run starts!

Love to everyone x x x

Kirtsten & Joe 11 Days
  • Options
    I didn't realise how difficult it would be with 2 Kirsten! My eldest daughter is 3 1/2 and she is more demanding then ever since the new addition. We involve her as much as we can, and give her some quality time with mummy and daddy too. I havent seen any jealousy yet but her behaviour has definatly changed, Im just happy that shes only naughty for us and is still a little angel around others!! xx
  • Options
    Hi Jem27,
    I understand how you feel I had a c section no infection but my recovery is slow takes me ages to have a shower then keep a eye on jaydon have lunch etc...lol never been so busy At least your baby sleeps well mine is a night baby and wakes between 3-7am so by 9am Iam shattered but i wil get there.
  • Options
    Hello all!! Feels like we are starting to settle into some sort of routine! Ruby will be 4 weeks old tomorrow, she had her tongue tie released on Friday and has been a lot more settled since, she is now breast feeding every 2-3 hours, I am doing one formula feed of 4oz in the evening, she has an awake period from about 9pm till midnight then sleeps till 3ish then again till 7ish, really pleased with this and hope she sticks to ir!! Prior to her tongue release she was feeding every 1-2 hrs all day & night so there is a signifant difference!
    I have another infection from where my episotomy broke down, boo sick of being in pain with it. Seeing consultant again on tuesday to review. Seem to have appointments every day!! Got dentist this week - must remember to keep my knickers on when he tells me to open wide...!! So used to everyone examining my bits now I have to remember I am at the dentist!!! Lol!! image
    Loving being a Mummy and getting out and about now which is lovely!! Just be glad when I am healed and feeling 100% again!!
    Lisa & Ruby 3wk 6days xx
  • Options
    blrose, that really made me laugh!! your dentist might get a bit more than he bargained for!!

Holly is 15 days old. Her feeding times are still a little erratic, but most nights I do get a 3 and a half hour stretch to sleep and normally another 2 after that so its not too bad. She seems to be a bit windier the last couple of days, shes spewing more often so a bit more washing but its not too bad. Thank god for washing machines!!!!

Im feeling much better, but I still have a tiny bit of swelling which i thought should have been gone by now. Not too sore anymore, at the front at least. The piles are bothering me a bit and being a little constipated doesnt help, sorry if TMI, I just have no shame any more!!!

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    Lucy is 6 weeks old today, I just don't know where this time has gone.

It took a while to get into a routine this time round, but I seem to have mastered being a mummy to 2 now.

I am having the same problems with Eilidh as you are Fiona, she has turned into a monster but like you say only when she is with us, she is great with everyone else.
    I knew she would find it hard adjusting but I didnt think it would go on this long.

My wound has healed really well, its closed over now and I am back to doing everything I was before. I have been driving for the last 2 weeks as I was fed up being stuck in the house.

Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well too our new additions.

xx
  • Options
    Ah ladies you all sound to be doing brilliantly, well done us! Fred is gorgeous, he is 2 weeks today and a little gem. he has started having some wakeful preiods in the last couple of days, prior to that he was either feeding, asleep or crying. Because he was so small the feeding exhausted him and he was taking time to get back up to his birth weight but at yesterdays weigh in he was only half and ounce off. he has settled into a very regular routine of feeding every 3 hours day and night. he was feeding for up to an hour and my nipples were so painful, but after a fab visit to a breast feeding counsellor yesterday, I have slightly chagned position and he is now taking about 30 mins to feed, which means I should get 2 hours together at night if I'm lucky. At the mo, I am lasting on about 4 hours sleep as it takes a while to settle him back down, but we're getting there and I get such huge waves of love for him when I look down at him feeding.

I am feeling really good after my section, I thought it would take longer to heal, but I feel very comfortable most of the time, except when I sneeze or laugh too much! i think on the whole, despite meltdowns over painful feeding, I have been very lucky with the whole experience.

This is definitely the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done, but am loving every single minute.

xxxx

PS Blrose, I was
  • Options
    Hiya girls!

Reuben is now 3 weeks and 3 days. Generally he feeds between 3-4 hourly now - breastfeeding him. My nipples are just about surviving, but the little monkey has taken to biting me just before he decides to come off - ouuuchh!!

Started a routine of bath time about 6.30ishhh, fed after, then we put him in our room with classic fm on! We then have some us time.

As he was prem he has been suffering from reflux, so we have to syringe feed Gaviscon - it is starting to help him - bless him!

My wound after c-sec looks like someone has taken a fine biro and drawn a line, which is fab! Not quite confident to take the car for a spin and I'm still wearing my big pants and baggy trs as paranoid tighter trs would open my wound!!

As Reuben was in intensive care for 2 weeks, I still have hubby at home all of this week, which is fab - so the real fun begins next week!!

Rach xxx