Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Anyone still breastfeeding??

Title says it all really.

I plan on feeding Joe till he is two, what he has planned could be a diffrent story tho. At the moment he has a feed in the morning and a feed at night. in a few months he will just have a feed at night.

What are your plans?

Replies

• I've just dropped Iris' morning feed so only breastfeeding last thing in the evening. She seems to be losing interest and i think i'll stop in the next couple of months, i'm 6 months pregnant now so would like a month of having my boobies back before baby no4 comes along.
    Jo xxx
  • We are!

Still doing a huge morning feed or two, which I can't see going anytime soon, then anytime from 4:30pm, and another couple between then and bed at around 8-8:30.

However, Isabelle can go to sleep without me now, and hubby often puts her down without a night feed if I am out, yet she feeds like a horse the following morning.

We also feed in the day if she is teething or particularly grumpy sometimes (just don't tell Daddy!)

Like you Kirst, I imagine feeding her until she is 2, yet some days she shows no interest, other days she claws at my top and can't wait, so we will see, one day at a time!

Bets XxX
  • I am Luke was actually born 2nd Sept but I did join in with you ldies as well. I will carry on as long as Luke requests it, normally 3 feeds a day.
  • We are still doing a morning feed but I don't think that will continue for long. Orla wants to up and playing with her brother. He starts big school soon so I guess we'll drop it just before then which will give me more time to get them both ready. I'll be sad to drop the feed but I'm chuffed we made to a year!

Cat xxx