Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Contraception

So what are everyones plans?

I think I will end up back on the pill. I didn't want to at the beginning as coming off again is a pain in the bum, but nothing else really seems as good.

Condoms are a fiddle, I can't have the coil due to my past ectopic, and I don't want anything where I have to wait for my fertility to return

Ho hum xx

Replies

• I don't know what to do.

The pill and injection didnt agree with me
    The coil gave me ovarian cysts which I had a lot of trouble with
    We hate condoms

But I have heard the implant is good, although I don't like the idea of being aware of it in my arm

I dont want anymore babies........

Fiona xxx
  • I dont know what to do either

I cant have the pill whilst breast feeding and I have heard of some horrible stories from the coil regarding hormones and bleeding etc.

I need to sort something soon as my o.h has been really really randy since ive given birth, he fancies me like mad!

I definatley dont want any children either

Gxx
  • Im not sure what to use really, we want another in a couple of years so not sure if I want to go back on the pill. Might have to be condoms for us for a bit xx
  • GeorgieD - My OH has been really randy too since about 5 days after birth. He also fancies me like mad even with my jelly belly and stretchmarks lol
    Weve already had sex!! xx
  • Abstinence!!!!! He he!! Good on you Fiona for getting back on the horse so to speak!! Think it is going to be a long long time for us!! I had a large episotomy which then became infected and my stiches broke down, things are still very painful to sit/walk/wee so sex is def of the menu!! They arent sure how long it will take to heal the wound and I may have to have surgery depending how it heals.
    Longer term for contraception I have no idea!! Had probs conceiving when I came of the pill and really irregular periods, I still wonder if any of this was due to the pill so reluctant to take it!! Def want more children despite all the complications, just may not be for a while!!
    Lisa xx
  • I too still have painful stitches so abstinance sounds good to me for now and for quite a while yet! After that I'm not really sure. I was on the depo injection for 9 years and then cerazette pill for 3 years so didn't have a period for 12 years which was fab, and only had 1 3 day period after coming of the pill before getting pregnant. Unfortunatley I've been told that I won't be able to go back on the pill because of having OC and think it m ight be the same for depo but the midwife wasn't sure so I've got to see the doc and see what he says.

Really don't fancy the coil and would like another baby before too long so the implant seems a bit too long term for me. we'll see...

The thought of sex is still just so unappealing! x
  • Fiona I dont know whether im giving off hormone vibes to make my o/h so randy but ive never seen him like this, its usually the other way round. Luckily I didnt have stitches so we have had a little fumble but im so scared of sperm after te pain of giving birth I want to make sure that im well and truly protected before ill risk getting pregnant again.

If I was planning on having another baby there is no way in the world I would go back on the pill. They tell you that it carries risks but you dont think about the risks until you decide to try for a baby. I had been pregnant twice so never thought id have a problem getting pregnant when I started trying so I came off the pill and after a year of trying I had a blood test and was told I had low progesterone probably caused by being on the pill. I was terrified id messed up my system for good, I wouldnt mind but I had been on and off it for years so its not like id been on it constantly. I was referred to the hospital for more tests and whilst I was waiting for my appointment I started taking supplements and eating foods to try to force myself to ovulate and luckily I got pregnant with Bertie. I dont know for sure the pill caused me not to ovulate but if I wanted more children I wouldnt risk it again

Gxx