Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Am I mental?!

I want to be pregnant again! I can't be because financially it's just not the one, but I reeeeaaaalllly want to be pregnant again! It's not like I even had a great pregnancy- weirdo! x

Replies

• Yes you are crazy.......

I know some people really love being pregnant and when baby comes they miss it soo much. I am not one of those persons.

I love feeling the baby move about inside and I love the fact that the baby is growing inside me BUT I hate morning sickness, the constent worry, the heartburn, not being able to sleep. The list could really go on there are more dislikes than likes.

In saying all that we are still thinking about having another one in a few years so I must be mad too, to put myself through all that again.

xx
  • I miss being pregnant too, not really sure I want to do it again though. Never say never!!!

• me too. i had a crap pregnancy too but i miss being pregnant. the part i actually miss is the birth!!! i think though its because OH missed ds and dd and dd's was sooo fast i couldnt enjoy the experience!! we couldnt afford it either. plus my two are an absolute handful anyway, dont think we would manage!!! x
  • you are crazy!! lol

I cant imagine what it wld be like looking after a baby (with no sleep) and being pregnant and needing sleep!! ahhhhhh

I plan to be preggars when this baby is sleeping through lol xx
  • Not long then MKB- fingers crossed!

Hee hee- I have even picked names out, although H2B hates them so I won't get to have them:-

Girl- Eliot Isla
    Boy- Jude Nathaniel

• I feel the same! If it wasnt for having the section then I would be tempted to ttc again now, I need to wait a year though so were going to try again next August.

James has always been a good sleeper and has been sleeping through for a while so this time round hasnt been too bad, just hope baby number three is the same! x
  • I'm looking forward to it again and we're going to start trying after xmas - I want some 'me' time first (and a few glasses of Asti at xmas!)

We should't really due to money situations and said Jack would be our last but I've sold my car and I'm definiteky not as materialisic as I was before having him. (I didnt realise how materialistic I was which is sad I know) We had an expensive lifestyle that I can quite happily put on hold for a few yearsimage

K x
  • Yep you are mental!! Ha ha - only kidding.
    Its lovely you feel that way - I'm sad I dont feel like that.
    I never want to be pregnant again (well thats how I feel right now).

xxx
  • Did you want more before you had Harrison MrsN?

Kirsty- ooh after Xmas? How exciting! Did it take you long to conceive?

I will hopefully pursuade H2B to try again when Haiden is big enough to not need to invest in a double buggy. So we will have no.2 when she is 2/3 I reckon x
  • i'm enjoying the gap of 28 months between my 2 its hard work though!

i would love another and we have already discussed it so maybe in a couple of years.

Must be mad i'd loe lots of kids but as i've had 2 sections already i won't be able too image

Don't like being pg just like the end result!
  • I would love to be, but I have really big fears of PE being worse next time and SPD still hasn't gone so I would be crippled and have starry eyes!

Going to talk to my mw this afternoon while at Baby Yogacise just to see what the likelihood is of having PE again, even though my stick is back in for 3 years!

Bets XxX
  • We'd never really planned on having any children in all honesty - Harrison was a very happy shock in many ways.
    When I was pregnant we discussed him not being an only child and although I hated being pregnant and was really ill for most of it I'd have done it again for that reason but now I'm terrified and cant imagine us ever planning another baby. But, never say never I guess.
    Bets - sorry to hear your spd is still bad - fingers crossed it starts to get better very soon!!
  • Hey Girls, i don't think you're mad at all, how many and how close is a totally personal choice. I really miss my bump, although still retaining some it lol! i've got a 21 month gap between my first two then 22 months between my second and third, having 3 children under the age of 4 is wonderful but bloody hard work at times. I certainly want at least one more and would like a similar gap or less this time. Hubby and I aren't taking precautions and i'm still on folic acid incase things do happen, however as i'm exclusively breastfeeding Iris i doubt i'm ovulating, we didn't really play safe after the first two and managed not to catch on till my periods returned a year later. Hmmmm may have spoken too soon and will be announcing my BFP in the new year lol.
    Jo xxxxxxxxx
  • Yes i think your mental but only because i think I'm mental for feeling the same way!!!

I'm desperate to have another baby, its like a drug. I neve understood people who just kept having babies one after the other but i'm now officially addicted to motherhood lol

We want one now but gonna wait until at least next August as i want there to be a bigger gap between Roxy and her little bro or sis. Also so i get some quality time with Roxy too. But it is hard having to wait! I'm so impatient x
  • Sorry Kimmy, just realised I didnt reply to your questions. Baby brain! Would love to try after the new year and having fallen pregnant on the pill (twice) I've never consciously 'tried' to fall pregnant so I'm looking forward to it. Hubby said that if it doesn't work by the summer he's putting me back on the pill! ha ha

Would be nice to have a girl, but room wise a boy would be easier as I think it would be nice for the 2 little ones to share a room. Would have to divide Brad's new loft room if the next one's a girl so not sure how impressed he'd be at that. ha ha

Only problem I now have is that my mam has said she cant manage to watch 2 little ones under 2 so will either have to look for childcare or give up work. Timing isnt great though as we have a loan for the work we've just had done which we'll be paying for the next 4 years so shouldn't really give up work until after it's paid but don't want to have as big an age gap as I'm in my 30s and time is ticking!

I'm sure what is meant to be, will be and we'll manage whatever the outcome. I'm fortunate that hubby is in secure employment, with a comfortable salary so we SHOULD be able to manage without my salary for a few years.

K x