Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething Already?!

Hi my LO is only 11 weeks and I'm pretty sure she's teething! I know its really early but she has all the symptoms; loss of appetite, excessive dribbling, sucking constantly on fingers, screaming at night (and she's really not a screamer) and swollen gums.

Does this sound right? Has anyone else's LO's teethed early? When she was born everyone commented on the fact her gums looked as though teeth were about to come through so i'm not suprised but she can't even hold a teething soother yet.
Any suggestions on easing the discomfort?

Thanks

LouLou xxx

Replies

• you can get the gell from the pharmacy.....or if she will suck on an ice teether....or both haha!

You can give her calpol for the night - take away the pain! xxx
  • Hiya Loulou,

Alfie is the same although he isn't in so much discomfort surprisingly enough. He keeps getting rosey red cheeks, dribbling loads, chewing his fist and gnawing on his bottle teat instead of sucking.

We use Calpol if he is grizzly and uncomfy and we also have teething gel but I've heard the teething granules are good (available in Boots).
    http://www.boots.com/en/Ashton-Parsons-Infant-Teething-Powders-20-pack_1674/

We also bought a Sophie The Giraffe upon recommendation. It's a teether that originated from France and Alfie really likes it although you have to hold it for him, he hasn't mastered that yet.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Childrensalon-6163243-Sophie-Giraffe-Teether/dp/B000IDSLOG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1258842986&sr=8-2

You can get teethers that you can pop in the fridge but I've heard you shouldn't put them in the freezer as it damages the baby's gums.

Hope that helps

Shell & Alfie xx
  • Thanks KB gave her Calpol last night and she slept veeeery well, so must've helped!

Hey Shell, thanks so much for the links i'm going to get both of those today as anything to help her, bless. She didn't scream at all yesteday so must've been a much better day. Do you have to keep changing Alfie too? Roxy's dribbling so much she gets soaked, even with bibs lol
    Let me know when his first tooth comes through x

Laura & Roxy xx
  • Calpol knocks Alfie out too - great stuff!

Alfie permanently wears a bib to catch the drool. We've got 'Tommee Tippee Milk Feeding Bibs' which have a padded tube bit that goes around the neck to help stop leakages down the neck of the bib but yes we often have to change his clothes.
    http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=1008&storeId=90&productId=307683&langId=-1

We get the bibs from Bodycare where they are ??2.99 for 2 bibs.

When his 1st tooth comes through I'll try & take a photo, he he. He does big open mouth grins now so should be able to capture it!

Shell & Alfie xx