Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone thought ...

... that our little August bambinos will be going to nursery/school with children born in September 08 image ??? Those kids are like proper toddlers now who run around, talk etc etc! I know that over the years the gap will seem smaller but it's still scary stuff!

Helen x

Replies

• I've been thinking 'bout this recently. It does worry me a little knowing he'll be almost a year younger than some kids in his year but then I think this happens every year with other kiddies and so the teachers would make allowances? I imagine mixing with older/more developed kids would help their development too?
    Am I right in thinking that when our LO's start reception class at primary school they don't have to start in Sept but can wait to Jan (depending on the individual school & if they have two start dates).

Shell xx
  • I'm being particularly thick but does that mean they go to school in the September after their 4th birthday? My poor wee girl.XX
  • Click Click - That is correct! My LO was born 21st Aug so he'll only just have turned 4yr old when he starts!

This link might be of interest...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7178969.stm

Shell xx
  • At the school Roisin will be going to the nursery children wear a uniform - she will turn 3 just 2 weeks before starting nursery ... so I'll probably be taking her uniform shopping when she's 2! EEEEEEK! So wrong! x
  • I actually think its a good thing - (though at the time I might shed a few tears). H already spends loads of time with cousin and friends babies who are all in the same years but born September to December 08 and he has come on loads!!
    He was born 31st August so will be a matter of days over his 4th birthday when he starts as we only have one intake. But will also attend the pre-school from 3 and have to wear uniform. Before long we wont even notice the age gap.

• My Eldest was bornin July and you can't really tell the diffrence now at almost 10, there was a big diffrence at 4. For those of you with girls I wouldn't worry too much as they tend to just get on with it.

K x x
  • Its scary isn't it. When my elsdest Lilac started pre-prep school last september she was three and a half and seemed so small in her little uniform, Felix will seem a little bigger when he goes as he's an october baby, but Little Iris will be diddy at just three years old. They do look very sweet in their uniforms though.
    Jo xx
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2635/3943491297_94873d4bc6_m.jpg

• How cute is that photo Jo x
  • Actually mine wont as she was 7 hrs too late so she'll be the oldest in her year. So she'll be at home another yesr, sWhat a difference a day makes!
    Although she'll prob be going to school in Sweden (as we'removing there in a few years) and they do the school years by actual year i.e: all 2009 children start together!
  • Things here in scotland are a little different too....
    Kids born between March and the following Feb start school together in Aug, so my LO will be 5 a few days after she starts school. We aslso only have one intake. So does that mean Mrs N that harrison will go to school a year ahead of Cailey?
    Its amazing how different things are.
    Loulou that sounds liek a cool way to do it in Sweden.
    Jo that picture is adorable.
    xxx
  • Hiya, this has been on y mind too recently, in the article that floss78 has posted it says parents are obligated to send children to school for the age of 5, so if they are 5 in the August couldn't we hold them back to start the next year (as in when they are 5 and not 4) ?? Just wondered if it would be beneficial, my sisters eldest was born in July and is a great little boy, but is classed as behind in his class on reading & writing.
    Lisa xx