Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

hubby going part time instead

Well as the title suggests, this is the conclusion we have come to, just not sure how I feel about it, had always assumed I would be off a day or two a week until she started school :\(

My work are such arses though, and can't say a day for sure until mid June, which makes nursery nigh on impossible to arrange, particularly for getting her into the one that is fab, ( there are 2 alternatives but in my Husbands words " mediocre and just don't feel right") so she is going there 2 days from Sept.

This way we will loose less money with CTC etc and still be able to get childcare vouchers, and my dad thinks its the best idea ever and he is really jealous, but I suppose we are going to have to make the weekends even more worthwhile now!

As ever when I type on here it clears my head and I talk myself round to a positive way for looking at things! So glad that this board is here for my occasional vents!

Hope all and babies are fine and well
love Bets XxX

[Modified by: betsyboo on 22 February 2010 15:09:01 ]

Replies

• ahh nothing to comment but i think my hubby will be jealous - he wld love to look after Bebe xxx
  • I have just had my flexible working meeting with work today..... nightmare! However we did come to an agreement eventually!
    My hubby would also be very jealous...... but he will be looking after her while I am at work, we are lucky that I am able to work around him.

The time you have at home will be very precious and you'll enjoy every minute! Just think of the smile on your lil ones face when you get home....

xxx
  • That's good news that your hubby can go part time as it means you dont have to put her into full time nursery. I think it's a great idea and with the child tax credit, there may not be much difference in your take home pays. I'm going back 3 days initially from April, then may cut it down to 2 days in September (next academic year).
    My hubby works 12 hour shifts so does 4 on then 4 days off so he'll be sharing childcare depending on his days off. My mam and Dad are both retired so I'm very lucky to have no child care issues.

I was sooooo worried to go back to work but after going back one day per week for now, I remember what it's like to be me again. This sounds really horrible and like a bad mother but I'm not sure I could give it up completely as I think it's good to have something in your life that's 'yours'. My kids do come first but I know they're looked after and so will yours so good for you.

I'm sure you'll have some fab weekends and school holidays!

K x
  • Lucky hubby, Bets! I'm due back at school in May and the prospect is making me feel sick to the stomach, only 10 weeks left with my beautiful baby! At least we can be thankful that we are teachers and get loads of fab holidays to spend with them. My Mum will be looking after R when I go back (so jealous of her!) - I would hope to go part time after number 2, although I know nothing about tax credits, guess I'll have to look into it and see if it's viable ... x
  • Just think lo will get the best of both worlds. Time with Daddy, Mummy and fun at nursery with her playmates. My hubby would love to be a stay at home dad. He is fantastic with them both and better at the housework but he earns much more than I ever could.

Cat xxx