Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Group 1 Car seats - Which one have you bought/going to buy?

Hi all,

Im just being nosey really, George is still in his Cabriofix, hes still under the weight limit and doesnt reach the top so Im going to keep him in it until he is too heavy/tall but Ive been looking around at the next stage recently as I also need to buy one for my mum too for when I go back to work in Sept.

I read the reviews and the Maxi Cosi Priorifix came out the best in Which, ahead of their new ones the Tobi & Pearl. Anyway Amazon has a really good deal on the Priorifix at the moment so I bought two last night. I like it too as it is an Isofix base.

I was considering buying a rear facing and am still alittle worried about him facing forward but I cant imagine him rear facing as he gets older as hes not too keen now.

So I wondering what group 1 car seat you have all bought??

Hope you are all well.

Claire xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya Claire,

I had my heart set on the Maxi Cosi Tobi but after much debating & duscussions with the lovely ladies in Mothercare we got the Britax Eclipse for hubby's car and the Britax First Class for my car. We got them in the sale which to my knowledge is still on! I'm really pleased with the Britax First Class and was surprised how far it reclines.

Shell xx
  • Options
    Shell, Ive just been watching Alfie on FB blowing rasberrys, my tummy is still hurting from laughing, absolutely classic !! xx
  • Options
    He's crazy bonkers! Towards the end where he goes red in the face always gets me :P
  • Options
    I bought the Tobi, it was on offer in Toy r Us at a price I couldn't refuse!

Isabelle outgrew her cabriofix with her length, not weight, so until she reached the minimum we had her in a rearward facing first class in Hubby's car or my Dad's yet it was really frustrating as it doesn't fit securely in mine.

We are keeping her rearward in that one until she reaches the weight limit of 13kg, yet in mine the Tobi will just be permanently reclined.

I must admit, she much prefers it, and falls asleep a lot less!
    Bets XxX

p.s. in her grandparents cars she has a Priori XP and in my Dad's a Kiddy safe plus with the booster cushion, which I like the best out of all of them, apart from loving the tension guide on my Tobi!
  • Options
    We have the Priori XP too.... my friend had one she had barely used so I gave her some money for it, and then we bought another for in hubby's car. Grace moved just before 9months - she is long and 23lb.

Em xx
  • Options
    Haiden is in the Axiss. She has been in it a few weeks now and weighs 20lb 6oz x
  • Options
    we have the britax safe fix. Holly outgrew the cabrio fix a few weeks ago, also in length not weight. I like the new seat cos its isofix and has the leg to stop it being thrown forward. And it was AA approved which sold it for me.
  • Options
    we also have the first class by britax.... it has a good recline on it! cailey outgrew her primo viaggio at about 6 months in weight and length! so we had to get one which faced the rear as she was too young for forward facing!
    she soon exceeded the 13kg on it though and has been forward facing for a while..... she loves it as shes so nosy!
    xxxx