Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Hello, am back from being in hospital - again!

Well had a bit of a nightmare, my section wound got infected - they reckon it was already infected when I left hospital - so had to go back into hospital to be given IV anti-biotics and ended up being in for six days!

James stayed with my husband as I was a bit worried about him catching something on the ward - super paranoid I know!

Its so lovely to be home again, am really hoping that will be the end of my run of bad luck!

James is fab, he only gets up once in the night and seems to like his routine of three hourly feeds which is good.

Gemma and James (2 weeks today!) xxx

Replies

• Oh bless, what a nightmare you've had! It must have been horrible to have been parted from James. Fingers crossed it's all plain sailing for you from her on in. (I've been eating Manuka honey in porridge, as the honey has anti bacterial properties to try and prevent any probs with my episiotomy stitches and so far it seems to be working - might be worth a go) xxxx
  • Welcome home sweetie - hope you are well - sounds bloody dreadful - wishing you lots of good luck from now on you certainly deserve some.
    Hugs
    Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oh Jem you poor soul, I was so worried about my wound getting infected as my neighbour had a C-Section 2 years ago and the same thing happened to her.

I am so glad you are on the mend and now home.

xxx
  • Sounds like a nightmare hun, hope it heals up properly now. That must have been heartbreaking for you knowing he was at home and you were in hospital missing out on spending time with him. Your lucy your other half could cope with him, im not sure mine would have been able to.

So glad your feeling better now

Gxx
  • Thanks girls, I am soooooo glad to be home. Being away from James was awful and it was such an emtotional time. My hubby brought him to the hospital for visits but it wasnt the same really.

xx
  • Sorry to gatecrash, but seen you rpost and just had to let you know you have my complete symapthy! I too had an infected section wound, it was horrific and I was back in hospital with IV anti-biotics, so I'm sending you well wishes, lots of them!!

My baby is 15 weeks old now and I'm healed now, took a long time!!xx