Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is it possible???

I havent had af since before i got pregnant but im still breast feeding so havent really thought about it too much. We really want more children so havent been as careful as we could have been, now im getting head aches and cramps like when i was first pregnant and yesterday i even had a couple of dizzy spells. We were going to wait til Holly was 1 but we would be thrilled if it happened before then so im starting to get a bit excited!!!
Dont want to get my hopes up though, im not even sure if its possible???

Replies

• Hi hun - I'm not bf myself but I know its possible.
    My friend bf til her little girl was 14months - she stopped bf her little girl to start feeding her little boy!!!!
    She got pregnant when her daughter was 5 months ish and didn't even realise til the morning sickness kicked in!!

Sounds like you'd be pleased so I hope its the outcome you want xxx
  • thanks MrsN, guess I just have to wait and see, I dont even know when to test!!!
  • yikes how exciting. I suppose it is possible, do a test anyway....its like the ttc days!!! image)
    I must admit we have been a bit silly this month and not very careful, i would love another but maybe just not right now
    xxx
  • Well according to my doc, bfing acts as a (unreliable) contraceptive for the first 3 months ... after that you could become preggers! Ooh, let us know! x

[Modified by: littlerose on December 19, 2009 11:29 PM]

• well Holly is 4 months, and now has 2 bottles of formula in the afternoons and sleeps through the night so I think the contraceptive effects of bf are reduced. OOOOH, I wonder if im getting an extra special pressie from Santa this year again!!! I'll keep you all posted.
  • Ohhhh Lisa i'm excited for you.... my understanding is that bf works a an contraceptive (unreliable) till you start dropping feeds for weaning, sleeping through or other reasons, so it is possible. Keep us posted x x x
  • Ooooo hun how bloody exciting!! Fingers crossed for you, am going to keep my eyes peeled for your BFP post! Test! test! test!

xxx
  • yay - test!!
  • yay - test!!
  • Oh how exciting, go test!!!

Cat xxx
  • POAS POAS POAS! Ooh it feels like over a year ago. I have logged on to the past!

On another subject Lisa, my status on FB was about retraining as a MW. I can't afford to stop working to go to uni so I was wondering if there was any way round it xx
  • thanks ladies, ill probably give it a week in case the symptoms are just af finally getting me and if no sign i'll test.

Kimmy thats something i've thought about once Holly and any other babies are school age. Not sure if I have the guts to take on another degree though. (I did a degree and grad dip for secondary teaching then decided it wasnt for me!!) Hope you can find a way to make it work :\)
  • Do it now do it now! Don't tell me you have no cheapies left, I won't believe you cos I bought 50 when I was trying and I still have some (not many mind you, I couldn't stop myself POAS just to watch the line appear last November!)

Back to the MW thing, I reeeaaalllyyyy want to do it but financially it's not possible. Basically it's losing almost ??30K (less tax) from our yearly income. I can't belive they expect you to make this decision when you are a teenager- it's ridiculous! x
  • Oh my word how exciting! Keep us posted xx
  • kimmy i really dont have any tests in the house, if i had i probably would have caved by now lol. and i cant go out and get one cos the whole town is like a giant ice rink at the moment!!!
  • Have you tested yet?

xx
  • not yet annem, was going to get a test christmas eve and test christmas morning but when i went to the chemist the girl working there was a friend of Johns sister so I chickened out!! Havent been anywhere to get one since.
  • not yet annem, was going to get a test christmas eve and test christmas morning but when i went to the chemist the girl working there was a friend of Johns sister so I chickened out!! Havent been anywhere to get one since.
  • I have been looking out for an update....Lisa... where are you!!!

Test, test, test x x x x
  • ok I did it, I tested with FR and FMU and it was a very definite bfn. Oh well, a little disappointed but as we arent officially trying yet im ok. Probably better off as we had planned on waiting til Holly is 1 before starting all that again. It means I still have plenty of time to enjoy my beautiful girl without the extreme tiredness and morning sickness :\)