Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

I've changed my mind

I do want more children!!
Took me a year to want another baby after having my first and this time only 8 weeks LOL
I said never again but actually both my partner and I would love 2 more, really like the idea of 4 children running around hehe.
There is 3 12/ year gap between our daughters and would like about 4years between anymore so that I will have that break when they are at nursery.
Ella is 8weeks old now, shes smiling away and making the most cute noises. I cant imagine not doing it again, the sickness, pregnancy and pain of birth is all soooo worth it

Anyone else changed their minds?

Fiona, Felicity & Ella xxx

Replies

• Ha ha ha, I have been waiting for this post- knew it would come as you always seemed so happy in pregnancy and love your girls!

Well I said no more as soon as I pushed Haiden out, but changed my mind after about a week! xx
  • We always wanted another but had planned to wait for 18 months - 2 years or so, but now were going to start trying when James is one! He is such a good baby and its been much easier than I thought it would be, although that probably means that the next one we have will be a little monster lol!! xx
  • Like Kimmy said I knew you would want another.

I still dont know, I am at the stage where I am saying never say never. I love my little girls to bits and I do feel as though my family is very complete but there is still something in the back of my mind saying go on try for a boy (I could still be trying after 10 kids though) thats the only thing that is putting me off.

If we do have one, I think I would be waiting until Lucy is about 2ish so that (fingers crossed) Lucy would be going into nursery just as 3rd baby wouldbe born. I am just finding things a little hard with 2 to run about after.

xx
  • Me too! I always knew we wanted more but wanted to have 3 or 4 years between them but now i can't imagine waiting that long. I love being a mum snd Roxy's a pretty good baby too so yes definately want more...soon!

xx
  • ha ha ha well i wasnt expecting that response kimmy! think you lot know me more than i realised!

it does make me sad that i will have to wait so long but i think i would find it tough with a baby and a toddler because your constantly running around after them whereas felicity is more independant and the time i get whilst shes at nursery i need.

ive already got names hehe.
    i like Roxy (promise im not copying you loulou, i was going to call ella that but then i saw ella in name book and loved it)
    i like Noah.

I'll be 31 by the time ive finished lol xxxx
  • I'm a bit sad that we won't be able to try for another for a while. Ourhouse is just too small for 2 kids so really we will have to wait for the economy to sort itself out. Hopefully I will be pregnant again by the time Haiden is 3. It doesn't seem to take us long to conceive so fingers crossed! x
  • We live in a maisonette with 2 bedrooms, our daughters room is very small and will just about fit 2 beds in there but its impossible to cram in all their toys too so we have to use a rather handy storage cupboard in the hallway. There is no way we can have 1 let alone 2 more kids whilst living here. I only hope thaT were in a better situation to move in a few years time!

I would love to share my pregnancy with you girls again. lets make a packed to fall pregnant at the same time hahaha x
  • That's a good idea- let's syncronise our watches! Due in March 2012 anyone??

We are in a 2 bed aswell, and the nursery is a very small room. There is a wardrobe, cot and changing unit in there and not really room for anything else! It's crap that the economy plays such a big part in our plans x
  • http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

Hi ladies I'm g/c from ttc cos saw this on first page!
    Just to say don't let the economy rule your life. We had dd1 in a one bedroomed flat and despite planning to move before she was 2 we stayed until she was nearly 8! We were lucky enough to have a big bedroom and living room and she says it never bothered her (she's 15 now) even though I was a nanny so most of her playmates lived in HUGE homes!
    We moved out of London in order to afford a bigger home and decided to go for another so we had a nearly 9 year age gap!
    I'm now 41 our girls are 15 and 6 and we are ttc no3 after deciding our family was complete!

So.... no age gap is too big, the economy doesn't have to matter and you've got a good few years of fertility ahead of you!
  • I knew you'd change your mind too Fiona.

I'm still saying I wont be trying to get pregnant again - but then when I really think about it I'm not sure i want my little man to be an only child. So, maybe I'll reconsider down the line.

xxx