Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

During the day....

Hi all
i dont get much time on here anymore with little Lily keeing me 'otherwise engaged!'

just wondering what your little ones like to do during the day, days when you stay in the house, do you have a swing, a toy or something that occupies them for more than 5 mins? or a i asking too much lol

Love Newlook & Lily 3 weeks and 5 days x

Replies

• hiya, hope you are both ok!

Isla likes to be cuddled fed or sleep! i have a bouncy chair but she is a bit small for it. i founs they need to be a bit older 3 months + to appreciate toys etc

Anna x
  • Hi Newlook, Olivia likes sitting in her swinging chair. She sits in it smiling and cooing to herself then falls asleep. She also likes lying down on her baby gym and looking at the teddies hanging down.
    Olivia is alot older though and is going to be 9 weeks old this Saturday!!time flies.
    Jen xx
  • 5 mins is all I can hope for it seems. And then when she's been down for 5 mins, out of my arms, it feels like an eternity and I have to really try hard to stop myself from going to pick her up...haha!! Each day though she seems to be happier to lay down independently.
    Chiara and Bethany 3 weeks and 3 days
  • Roisin the same! Originally wanted me to just walk around with her all day, didn't even like it if I sat down! She's 6 and a half weeks now and will gradually spend longer in her bouncy chair and particularly just kicking on her changing mat. You need those moments to do things like run a brush through your hair! HV said don't bother thinking about toys until 12 weeks and that all they need is to see your face and hear you talking to them - exhausting but true. Roisin is trying to talk to me already, it really wears her out, bless her!

Helen x
  • Bebe is only 3 weeks old - so breast, change nappy and sleep is our routine! She will sit in bouncer for 10 mins max, usually whilst she is pooing!!

xxx
  • James loves his play mat and can be occpied for 15 mins or so on that which is handy, but the the thing he really loves is his highchair!

Its from birth and reclines right back if you need it to, he sits in it when Im washing up or cooking then I can talk to him at the same time. He also sits in it sometimes when we all have dinner as the height is adjustable so it can be low or high enough so he is on the same level as us when were eating.

It has a toy on it which he spends ages staring at and talking to as well, he seems amazed by it every time he sees it lol!!

Its this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicco-Polly-Magic-Highchair-Distraction/dp/B001QF33IE

Its such a godsend! James is nearly 8 weeks. xx