Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleeping Issues

....again lol

Just when i thought we had turned a corner, Lily in her own room and seemed to settle and sleep 12 hours for 4/5 nights. Since then we are back to square one, she is waking all the time, we thought maybe she was cold as her room felt a little chilly so bought her some fleecy babygrows, she wears them a vest and her sleeping bag and ive started tucking a blaket in over her too but this doens make a difference.

She is teething at the mo as she is rosey red in her cheeks and i can see a white dot on her gum (which i think might be the very tip of a tooth) She settles as soon as i pop her dummy back in but then an hour later it happens again....not sure what to do really other than carry on doing what were doing.

Has anyone else's baba's started night waking again?xxx

Replies

• hiya

you know isla has been like this too. she was awake twice last night wanting dummy putting back in. then when she was given it she was chewing it like her teeth are really sore.

i use the teething granules from boots and think they really help.

its rubbish having a bad nights sleep x
  • Hey newlook,

Grace was like this for a few nights before her first tooth came through, but strangely the second didn't disturb her sleep!?

I gave her Calpol before bed and Dentinox teething gel (found it better than Calgel or Bonjela plus she hates the taste of the latter) which helped. HV said it was fine to give her the Calpol each night whilst teething.

Poor you!

Hope you get a better night tonight, and Lily too.

Em x
  • Jack was also the same when his first tooth came in but like Grace, we just kind of noticed the second withour any drama! He never cried or got up but had his dummy a few times through the night. The third one is on the way and apart from the constant drool, he's been fine. Plenty of calgel as Jack hated bonjela too. I loved the old one that Brad used to use but the new sugar free one tastes yuk! Jack only needed Calpol once and that was the night before the first one appeared but it is ok to give her it and it may help her settle.

Must be awful for them mustn't it? Hope it pops through soon for her x
  • hey everyone....
    we're in a similar position to you all.
    first tooth came through last tues and monday night she was up a few times, second tooth was there this morning and she was up last night. it must be horrible for them.
    ive been using the teetha sachets, ashton and parsons powders if i cant get teethas and anbesol liquid which seems to work instantly! calpol also does the job if shes really unsettled!

hope things settle soon, its not good everyone having a bad nights sleep
    xxxx
  • SweetAsSugar,

I can't find anbesol anywhere round here - please could you tell me where you got it from? Seeing your post reminded me that it was recommended by someone at Clinic but I couldn't find it!

Thanks x
  • Hi emma, I got it from boots, but i had to ask for it as it was kept behind the counter! Hope you get some, it really goes work!

xxx
  • Ah thanks! Grace has come down with a stinking cold overnight but will try to get out to Boots today! xx