Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Virtual slap required please!

Hello lovely August ladies!
Well I am currently waiting to start TTC. Been broody for another since R was 4 months and we originally decided to wait until she was 1. However I'm a primary school teacher and finally just got moved into my dream year group - I'm now the foundation stage co-ordinator - and would really like to put in a whole year back at school before going on mat leave again. This only means waiting until November but IT'S KILLING ME! I keep nearly caving (especially when lurking in TTC...)
So... virtual slap please!

Helen x

Replies

• Hi Helen

how did it go trying for R? I got suprised with my first whilst using the pill and when it came for trying for no 2 it took 7 months. Maybe you could use mymonthlycycles and start recording when you are ovulating to optimise your chances when you start. November isn't long off now...... It's 17 weeks to Christmas!!!
  • Hi, G/c from planning (and Aug 09 lurker, dd just turned 1!)

I'm a teacher too and desperate for another one, but I hated being off on maternity over the summer while everyone else was getting full pay so we're waiting until December for TTC, but I'm having REAL trouble waiting! I'm trying to get round it by keeping a track of ov etc as Loobylou_no.2 suggests and planning when to start taking folic acid (I've already bought them!) and when to have my coil out etc. You'd think that I'd have enough planning for the new term! I've also got another stone to lose from DD, although my motivation doesn't seem to be stretching that far!
    So if there are any spare virtual slaps send one my way with a kick up the arse on the side to help me lose weight please!
    Becky
  • Thanks ladies, ooh Becky we're in exactly the same boat! We can virtually slap each other image I went back to work in May and have loved being off again over the summer so it's making me even more tempted ... must be strong!

Last time I got pregnant on the first month of trying and without tracking anything so not used to all this ... but I know it doesn't always happen that way. So that's a good idea to keep me busy ... I'll get tracking! x
  • Stay strong hun and look how quickly the last few weeks have gone so the next few months will fly. Plus for us, Nov is the best time to TTC so that we can start mat leave during summer hols = more time off! image xxx