Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

change of plan :(

Well looks like 2010 isn't going to be a baby making year for us after all. Hubby and I were sooooo pleased with how things went with Jack that we were planning to try after the new year and were hoping for just over one year age gap. I'm not getting any younger and Brad is already 12 so felt a sense of urgency I suppose.

After thinking logically and realistically, we're going to wait until Jack is 3 and then try for a year for another baby so there's a max 4-5 year age gap. If it doesn't happen within the year then we'll count our blessings and hubby's getting the snip! lol.....Main reason for waiting is that our loan for the loft conversion will be paid for by then so I can leave work if I need to. My mam will be watching Jack in April when I go back (for 3 days per week) and she did say she couldn't manage 2 kids under 2 which I completely understand and wouldn't expect her to so it looks like I'd need to give up work. I've loved being off with Jack and worked solidly since I left college so think I've paid my dues and quite fancy being a stay at home mam. We could still manage without my wage now but we're so used to our lifestyle and holidays etc that we may as well wait until we're debt free then there's no money worries. Sounds really selfish I know but we're happy with the way we are so don't want to rock the boat too much for Brad's sake as well as our own....

I am disappointed and a little teary that we've decided to wait but we were so hard up when Brad was born 12 years ago that I dont want to put extra pressure on us when we're at a good time in our life. I'm worried we may spoil things (bit like what Kirsten said on her other post). I still think another baby will add to our happiness but going to enjoy the 2 I've got for the time being image

K x