Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

August ladies baby weight loss thread?

Hi all... Mrs N has suggested a weight loss thread for us and just wondering if anyone is up for it? I'm struggling to shift my baby belly infact baby body so I'm defintiely in!

How about doing it the same way we did with our babies weight gain at the start of the forum? Maybe one post each and edit it each week? Or anyone have any other ideas of how we could do it? I'm not going to disclose my actual weight (ouch) just maybe my target weight loss and weekly goings on. We could also share tips and support?

Hoping to start on Monday 18th January with the first weigh in so I'm off to stuff my face and get rid of all the xmas chocs that I still have... :lol:

Kirsty xxx

Replies

• I'm up for it. That will give me a week to polish off the remainder of the Christmas treats. There's a chocolate orange in the cupboard with my name all over it!!!

Good idea mrs n x x
  • HI - I think this is a really good idea.

I was 4 stone overweight before getting pregnant (eek). (i was 8 stone over but lost 4 stone then conceived!) I've actually lost my pregnancy weight but still 4 stone over!! (Put 3 stone on during pregnancy in the end).

I've rejoined ww - but just go for the first 6 weeks to get all the stuff then cancel it as cant afford it and its easy to follow at home.

This is a really good tool to use http://www.tescotracker.com/ - it helps you make better food choices etc.

I've got masses of ww cook books so if people want some receipes I can post some on here too - just let me know what sort of things you like!

I get weighed on Mondays so this is a good day for me to post my weight (loss - fingers crossed!!).
    So next Monday (18th) I'll post what I've lost between tomorrow and then. I find Mondays good as it stops me going crazy over the weekend as I know I'm getting weighed on the Monday. I've got some good digital scales at home so will just use them once I stop ww in a couple of weeks.

Heres to sliming down for summer!

Lisa xx
    We're out for a curry tonight so I've been trying to be good all weekend but like you girls have been finishing off the Christmas Choccies!!

My aim is to lose 1-2lb per week as this is a healthy weight loss and you're less likely to put it all back on then.
  • This is a great idea!! I have been lucky enough to lose all my preggo weight (am 1lb heavier than I was when I conceived) but am still toting a bit of a jelly belly!! Been doing the alternative day diet (fell off it over Christmas) since mid-Dec and it's brilliant, really good, would defo recommend it.

I'm hoping to lose about a pound or so a week like MrsN as I need to shave off the fat tummy to wear a bikini in 4 weeks. Arrgggh!!

Good luck girls!! x
  • Count me in. Everyone keeps saying 'ooh you've gone completely back to normal'... but they haven't seen me naked!!! Fit in my pre-preg clothes but have a stone to shift. Put on weight whilst breast feeding as had to trough a world of food to keep up my milk supply. My MW kept saying 'you need to eat more chocolate'... who was I to argue with the professionals?!image

Helen
  • fab idea girls
    i am really sturggling to lose the weight - i am two stone and a bit over what i was before pregnancy, i was happy with my body then alhtough i was prob technically over weight. i'm not hoping to get to lower than my pre preg weight but i would like to get back down to what i was before. i've tried recently but christmas really through me and i managed to diet for about 3 days before this cold weather set in and then i was like salad?? bugger off!!image

would be great to share tips, especially for getting rid of the jelly belly!!

lets get ready for summer girls!

jane xxx
  • Oooo yes please! I'm up for it! I joined WW last Monday and nearly fell off the scales in shock I have 1 stone4lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pg weight! I've only lost a stone since having Fred. Like MrsN I have loads of WW recipe books, so am happy to share info, points values and recipes if anyone wants any. This is my third time of doing it, it works!

xxx
  • great idea, count me in!! I gained half a stone between getting married and getting pregnant then I gained 4 and a half whilst pregnant. Ive now lost 4 but still 1 to go to get down to me wedding day weight and tbh could do with losing another stone after that!!
  • Ooh can i join too! Ive got about 2 stone to lose before i go to Tenerife on 30 April!!! Im doing weightwatchers. Ive lost 4 stone on it before so i know what to do i just dont have much willpower at moment! Im starting tomorrow!! Lisa xx
  • Exciting stuff ladies. Let's get geared up for the 18th Jan! xxx
  • Hi Ladies

Well done for starting this post! image
    I am about 9lb heavier than i was pre-pregnancy but im happier for it as im only petite to start with and hated being so skinny, hated peoples comments all the time how small i was, so uite happy that im bigger now..
    .....but..............i do still have baby flabby belly so going to start getting fit and doing sit ups and squats!

I have made myself a promise to lie next to Lily and do them on a morning while she watching playhouse disney! lol

Go for it everyone - wont be long til were all back in our bikinis for the summer! xx

• Hi, glad im not the only one trying to lose weight, when your dieting you feel such an outsider as everyone around you is eating normal stuff. Ive been dieting since xmas but whilst my trousers are feeling not so tight the scales arent showing an improvement yet, I guess it takes time. Ive just been dieting by cutting out fat in my diet. Ive tried so many fad diets in the past e.g. atkins, but they make me crave things i shouldnt be eating.

I have also been taking these fat loss pills orlistat (alli) which encourage me not to eat fatty stuff as when you do it goes straight through you and makes oil literally leak from your bum (tmi). You actually have no control over it coming out. I have also ordered online those chilli pills which have just come out, they help speed up your metabolism.

I was a little worried at how hard its been for me to lose weight since giving birth, I am only a stone heavier than pre pregnancy but in the past I only have to cut down for say a week and Ive lost a few pounds but its been very difficult. I read that your thyroid can be underactive for a few months after giving birth so that may be happening but if it is apparently it sorts itself out after 6 months.

Anyway ill post how much weight ive lost, if I lose any

Good luck girls

Gxx
  • I am definately up for this - i am fed up of this spare tire i've got!! I gained 4 stone when pregnant - i still have another 1/2 stone to loose to get to pre-preg weight. But my wii fit says i need to loose 1 1/2 to be my ideal weight, as i am currently overweight on it. I'd be happy just to get back into my size 12's and get my wedding and engagement rings back on (got to get them fixed as had to get them cut off at a&e image ). I hate my stomach it's saggy and full of stretch marks image

I did start last week and lost a couple of lbs but then my oh was home cos of the snow and it all went out of the window - oops!

Shezza xx
  • count me in!! me and oh are going to slimming world on wednesday i wanna lose 6 stone (was already overweight by 3 stone b4 i got pregnant and then put on a massive 6 stone wp!! poorly baby and spd was the reason) lost 3 but havn't got confidence to go training like i used to.
    xxx
  • Hi girls feel a bit better about not losing all the weight yet and stuffing myself at xmas since reading that all of us are in the same situation.
    I am 1/2 a stone off my pre-pregnancy weight but still a stone more than my target. I lost the first 2 stone really easily and probably within 3 months of having Ella but this last 1/2 a stone has been a real struggle. I've never found it so difficult to lose weight not even after my first pregnancy.
    Whats worse is that I have no muscle tone, I have a jelly belly and I feel weak LOL
    If only I could make time to get to the gym or excercise I think I could easliy lose this last bit. But limiting my food intake alone doesnt cut it!

I do have a Davina DVD but motivation is a big issue for me!
    I need suggestions for a daily routine I could get myself used to.

Shezza - my oh has been home for xmas then cos of the snow and my diet plan also went out of the window!

xxxx
  • Oh this is brilliant girls, with this much mutual support, we cannot fail!!
    I really thought that I'd have time to go to the gym once LO came along but the creche at my local one only takes over-2s and the next one is a drive away.so I have invested in some "10 minute solution" dvds which I have really enjoyed. Because you can do as many of the five 10 minute-long workouts that you have time for, finding the time to exercise has been much easier than being obliged to do a full dvd.

Georgie, I laughed out loud about oil leaking from your bum!! What a thought!!

Fiona - when you have so little to go, it seems to be the hardest to lose. It just wants to cling on!! I would recommend the ADD as it helped to shift a stubborn 7lbs for me.

z

• ooh I haven't been on for a while but keep reading all your posts but this one has definitely inspired me to get some support. I have 3 stone to loose and have joined Slimming World online. I lost a stone after birth but have just been enjoying life ever since! If anyone wants the syn lists then I can email them out or give info. They have a new diet called Extra Easy which means you don't have to do Green or Red Days.
    Good luck girls.
  • I know we're not officially starting til 18th Jan, but just reporting in on my first WW weigh in and have lost 2.5lbs....only 10 tonnes to go and no one will be able to call be ten Tonne Tessy anymore! xx
  • ohhh haha slippers you never fail to make me laugh! image

well done you xxxx
  • Hi girls,
    Count me in! I was about 1 stone overweight when I got pregnant, then put on 2 and half stone, I lost all my pregnancy weight just by breastfeeding and walking with the pram, then when Lily started losing all that weight the HV told me my milk was not rich in calories enough for her, so to eat lots of carbs & sugar - of which I did, Lily still lost weight and I put on 3/4's of a stone!!!
    Anyhow, I want to lose about 2 and a half stone, need to get out of the habit of eating crap (and trying to justify it!), and get wiggling on the old wii fit, so will see you all here soon for weigh ins!!

Lisa & my jelly belly! xx
  • woo hoo well done Slippers!!
    I lost 3lb last night which I was shocked as as was very naughty! Not complaining though and being very good now!
    Keep up the good work ladies!

Lisa.

PS WW Chicken risotto tonight for tea (home made folowing receipe - yummy!)