Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Blood loss

Hi Girls,

Just wondered if anyone is still bleeding heavily?

I had an emergency section 4 weeks and 2 days ago.

Initially my blood loss was sporadic - light period / medium/heavy period somedays, for the first 3 1/2 weeks. However since Thursday last week I have been bleeding very very heavily and (sorry if tmi) its pretty much gushing out and clotting. Is this normal? I'm back in maternity pads (yuk) and changing them every hour. Its awful and I've got a wedding to go to next weekend!!

Also, do you think it could be linked to the pill? I started taking cerazette (mini pill) 7 days ago?

Lisa xxx

Replies

• I bled for about 5 weeks which was such a pain, as yours has reduced and then got heavier it might be worth just speaking to your HV or GP just to check thats all normal. Im sure it is though xx
  • Dont want to scare you as im sure you are fine but we were told if bleeding stopped/ got very light and then got heavier again or if I passed big clots to contact gp. Worth it just to put your mind at ease hun.

Lisa xxx
  • Thanks girls.
    Its getting worse so I'm going to get an emergency doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon as harrison is seeing a paediatrician in the morning. Fingers crossed its nothing serious - I just feel minging!!!
  • Aww, poor you. think it is normal, but still worth getting checked out. I think I read somewhere that if the clots were bigger than a golf ball size then to contact gp. MIne def comes and goes. Went onto panty liners last week and now back on mat pads...nice. Think some of it is due to me doing to much per day. Like a long ish walk or too much housework brings it on...Hope the doc helps.
    Chiara
  • Hey hun how did you get on and how's Harrison doing? Hope all ok and sending love. I'm still bleeding at 6 weeks and 2 days after section but not heavily, so hope all ok with you. xxx
  • Hey Lisa, I'm on Cerazette for the 1st time and I'm half way through a period and just started having the heaviest period you can ever imagine!I went to see the Nurse this morning and she said its normal to have a heavy period after a baby and that my hormones may not be ok for about 3 months so I may bleed an awful lot more in the next few weeks even half way through a packet!Great!But i just thought i'd let you know.

I had Olivia 8 1/2 weeks ago now though so i would still go and check because yours could still be after baby bleeding if that makes sense. Hope you and Harrison are both doing well
    Jen xx
  • HI Girls,

Went to see the doc - she pressed my tummy and it really hurt. she thinks I have an infection so on more antibiotics. Really hope the bleeding gets lighter soon!!!
  • get it checke dout if your worried. but i had my son in june and bled for 12 weeks. think it was due to the mini pill. but it did eventually sort itself out.
  • Aw bless you having an infection can't be fun after so many weeks but good you've got it sorted with the anti-biotics.

I'm glad you posted this as i was worried about still bleeding but it seems to be normal so not worried now.

Hope you feel better x