Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

From moses basket to cot :-(

Hi ladies, Has anyone elses baby got to big for his/her moses basket yet?
Olivia was 55cm when born and has grown soooo big!I can't believe how much she is changing. She is nearly 12lb now and is the whole length of her moses basket. She has really long legs (everyone points it out- supermodel in the making!lol) Anyway I think i may move her into her cot next week as she is running out of space! I feel a bit sad, she's only been in it 6 weeks!! Any one else already using their big cots???
Jen + Olivia xxx

Replies

• Hi Jenny. Jack is still okay for the min but we use a moses basket for daytime naps then we have a crib in our room which should see him through for a few months.

It's a shame when they outgrow their moses baskets but one bonus I had with my first was that he slept so much better in his big cot than he did in the moses basket as he couldn't touch the sides. When he was in his moses basket, he used to hit the sides and wake himself up all the time!

Good luck transferring her - I'm sure she'll love it...

Kirsty and Jack xxx
  • Aww Jen!! That's so cute... she is going to be tall!! Grace was 55cm when she was 3wks old, he he. She's 4wks today so she's still in her moses, but my friend recently transferred her little boy to a cot when he was 5wks and she says the first night is horrible but after that it's really good!!! And he sleeps for longer at night!
  • I don't think it will be too long till we have to move Haiden, but I think that will mean moving her to her nursery as our room isn't really big enough for a cot, and I'm not ready for her not to be in with me yet. If it does get desperate I might try and squeeze the cot in, but M may then have issues getting out of bed myself!!

Are you and your man tall? xx
  • I'm 5ft 6" and my hubby is very short for a guy, he's the same. So not really. She's just got really long legs i think. She's piled on the weight too. She's ver 12lb now!! xx
  • hey jenny
    i know exactly how you feel, Cailey was 57cm when she was born and has very long legs, her feet touch the bottom of her moses already and she'll be 5 wks 2mz. I have a crib in the bedroom as we still havent finished her nursery yet so she'll be able to sleep in their as was the plan from the start, but she sleeps better in her moses.

xxx