Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MY 4 Pushchair - faulty

Hi ladies

I wish i had never bought this pushchair but hey ho!

First of all it doesnt fit in my car boot unless i take the seat unit off the frame and remove both wheels.....its easy to do just a bloody faff on - and im so small and slim i look like a fool when lifting all the bits in and out of my car boot!

Anyway - i can have the seat facing outwards or facing me, until recently she always faced me but know she's a little older and alot nosier!! - i have been facing her outwards......only to find that when im finnished my shopping trip or whatever i cant get the damn seat to come off the frame. I always have stalk someone who i see has a child and pushchair and ask them to help me. Its embarressing more than anything.

So... i ahve just taken it back to mothercare who were brilliant about it. She obviously got it off on the 1st attemp (but she works with them everyday) but she agreed that it shouldnt stic like it does. She tried my seat unit onto one of the display model frames and it seemed to work? So, she has ordered me a new seat unit????

Am i being thick (and please tell me if i am lol) but if my seat unit works on her frame but not mine doesnt that mean its the frame thats broke and not the seat??

I didnt mean that to ramble on but i needed to let you in on the whole story! haha

I think the new seat will come and still not work and its the frame thats dodgy???

Newlook xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun
    Sorry to hear you've had some problems with the MY4.
    I'm pleased to hear how good mothercare were with you. After all, you shouldn't be having problems after this amount of time.

I would have thought it would be the frame too?! Hmm, i'm not sure. Fingers crossed the new seat unit does the trick, if it doesn't, they'll have to order you a new frame I guess.

I have to take my bugaboo apart to fit it in my little Yaris aswell but I don't get too annoyed as I love it sooo much! haha!

Hope the pram issue gets sorted quickly hun.

Take care
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Hey newlook,

Hmmm.... I would have thought it would be the frame aswell, but fingers crossed it's the seat and the new one solves the problem. What a pain for you!

I just asked hubby though (not sure how the My4 fits together but am thinking it must be a bit like my M&P Joolz?!?!) and he says that if you have to push 'buttons' in on the seat unit to get it to pop our of the frame then they could be sticking in which case the new seat would resolve it!

I have no idea lol, but I hope it works

Em xx