Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone using Aptamil 1

Lucy has been on Aptamil 1 since we got out of the hospital and she's fine with it, however, she has never had a hard poo its always been runny and really yuk. The HV done a test on it incase she had a little bug or something but it all came back fine.

I am just wondering if anyone else is using it and if so have your babies had a normal bowel movemnet?

I have now changed her milk on the HV recommendation to see if that will change her bowel movements. Only changed it last night so havent had a dirty bum yet?

Replies

• Hi, I have been using it for about 4 weeks since I stopped bf and Reubens poo's are always runnyxxxx
  • Caitlin has more or less been on Aptamil First since she was born (apart from 2 weeks when she was on C&G comfort). Her poos have always been on the softer side, sometimes with a slight green tinge and very pongy!!!
  • Alfie has had Aptamil 1 since birth. His poo's are mainly runny and stinky! Sorry for TMI but it's similar in colour & consistency to chippy curry!

He has had the odd 'firmer' one but seemed in discomfort when they are firmer so we often give him plain cooled boiled water which keeps it's more fluid. If Lucy doesn't seem in discomfort, there's no blood in it and it's more or less the same colour each time I wouldn't worry too much. See what it's like with this other milk.

I do enjoy these conversations, he he.

Shell & Alfie xx
  • I forgot to mention, According to the Aptamil website its due the immunofortis part of it that makes the poos softer as its kinder to their guts

• Haiden has had Aptimil since birth more or less. Her poos really smell and are quite yellow (a HV at clinic asked if she was bf and seemed surprised when I said she was on formula)

Sometimes they are runny and other times really quite sticky and viscous (ooh, there's a word from home ec!) x
  • hi annem,
    i replied in baby, but will add more here.
    we ending up taking Cailey to the out of hours service one night as her poo was very mucusey, jelly like and had tinges of blood in, she also ended up with a small prolapse! i reckon summit in the aptamil didnt agree with her!
    xxxx
  • omg that explains it! Roxy was on SMA gold up until 1 week ago, i changed because she seemed to have constant constipation and her poos were always hard. However now her poos are very runny and stinky! i thought it might be the medicine I'm giving her for oral thrush (bless her) but must be the Aptamil.
    I'm sticking with Aptamil me thinks as it doesn't hurt her now x
  • James is on Aptamil too, his poos are very yellow and quite sticky, he goes every other day normally sometimes once in three days, I spoke to the HV about this today when he was weighed and she said thats all completley normal for the milk he is on x
  • I wonder why my HV told me to change it then, from what you have all said its fairly normal.

She has now been on Cow and Gate 1 for 3 days and yesterday she done a poo, it wasnt as runny and smelly as normal but it still wasnt a proper poo.

LouLou, my first little girl was SMA Gold and she had the same problem as you had with it.

xx