Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going back to work

I spoke to my boss last night, and now I really have to think about childcare and stuff and it's making me feel sick! I want to cry! x

Replies

• i feel the same, i cant bare it image
  • I had a little taster of what it's like.... it was horrible!

I used a KIT day last Sunday and worked 9am - 5pm and missed Alfie soooo much! I'm working 8 days over christmas too, using KIT days.
    I'm dreading having to go back to work full time at the end of mat leave but I'm lucky in that my sister after just being made redundant has decided to be a stay at home mum with her 2yr old for a while, will be looking after Alfie for me. It'll be easier for me to go bk to work with less worry then knowing he'll be with someone that he knows. Plus he'll have the company of his cousin.
    Until that happens though I shall make the most of every day with him until the end of May next yr!

Shell xx
  • It's an awful thought isn't it? I'm lucky like Shell that I have family to watch mine. We're going to work it between my hubby (who works shifts) and my mam to help with childcare. I'm only going back 3 days too which makes it easier. If I have another one though, my mam has said she wont manage to look after 2 kids under 2yrs as she thinks it will be to much for her, which I completely understand so I will have to think about childcare - or quiting work then with the extra expense of a little one.

I'm doing KIT days after the new year before I return in April. I plan to do 1 day per week for 10 weeks. Does anyone know how you get paid for those? I'm on a pro-rata salary for 26 hours per week so not sure how I'd get paid for one day?

K x