Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Losing weight (again!)

Pointless post really, but you might remember a few weeks ago I said I was going to try and get rid of the last of this baby weight

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost a few pounds already- yay!! I am bang on 10 stone now so to get down to pre-pregnancy weight I need to lose another stone, but I have a good incentive now as I can see it working

Whoo hooo! xx

Replies

• Options
    Yay for you!! I'm getting bigger by the day and although the pregnancy is the reason for the outwards growth its most certainly the the crumpets and huge wedge of lurpak thats to blame for the sideways growth!!! I'd only been back in my own clothes about a fortnight when i got my BFP oopps lol. Hope the last stone drops off for you and with this lovely weather i'm sure it will be a doddle.
    Jo xxx
  • Options
    Yes I saw your pic in Pregnancy- you look great! I'm so jealous! I probably won't be pregnant again for about a year and a half so I have to get my fix of these things while I can!!

Basically I am hoping to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by the time we start trying for number 2, so I can start at the same point as before. Fingers crossed!

I have an issue with butter too- I have switched to Clover Light but it is nowhere near as good as Lurpack or normal Clover x
  • Options
    Hiya.
    arrggghh I have been struggling to lose the last 1/2 stone for months but finally I lost about 3 1/2 pounds over last couple of weeks.
    I weigh 10 stone 3 1/2 and need to lose the other 3 1/2 but would love to get under 10st as I was pre pregnancy xx
  • Options
    It's difficult isn't it. Before I had Haiden I didn't watch what I ate AT ALL, and I just coasted along at about 9 stone for years. It seems really weird now that I am having to be careful what I eat, because if I don't lose this and then we have another, it worries me that I will put even more on.

Well done you for shifting some- good on you! x
  • Options
    Thankyou image
    So difficult! I worry about not losing weight before having another baby too. I gained 3 stone when pregnant with Ella and my tummy was much bigger straight after than after my first pregnancy so having a third might mean Ill be bigger.

I would love to be 9stone but I dont think it would suit me.
    How tall are you? x
  • Options
    I'm about 5ft 5in x
  • Options
    Well done ladies! Well I've always been around 9 stone (I'm 5'7") - the weight came off quite easily after giving birth (breastfeeding probably helped) but I then kind of got stuck with that last half stone (Mind you I didn't actually diet so it's kind of my fault!) Well I've gone back to work and the last few pounds have shifted! Woo hoo! So pleased but still really need to tone up my stomach as it's not what it used to be ... I do yoga but guess I better get doing those stomach crunches ... x
  • Options
    They reckon doing the plank is the best thing for toning your stomach- I keep saying I will do it a few times a day but I never do! Also the best exercise is skipping, so I think I will get a skipping rope (not that I will use it)

• Options
    Im 5ft 7, you must be really slim littlerose!!

My tummy is the only thing I dont like about my body at the moment, I need to do some sit ups x