Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update on us

Hi all

I've not been posting an awful lot although I'm lurking every day.

Caitlin is now 9 weeks old. She was weighed at just over 7 weeks and was 11lb 5oz (which has been about 1lb every 2.5 weeks). She is definitely the smallest of my babies (although middle in birth weight).

She was diagnosed with reflux two weeks ago and was prescribed gaviscon. This has certainly made an improvement to her feeding although she is still very fussy when taking the bottle. GP has now put it on a repeat prescription and has also prescribed SMA Staydown to try. She wants me to get Caitlin weighed ever couple of weeks just to make sure the weight gain is ongoing (which I'm sure it is seeing as she's feeding better).

She's a very content baby. She has two 30 minute naps in the morning followed by an 1.5 - 3 hour nap in the afternoon and another two 30 minute naps in the evening. We give her a feed at 8.30pm before putting her in her cot in our room at 10pm where she stays at sleep till at least 4am but this morning we managed to get to 7am before she wanted feeding!!!!

I had my first night away last week. I went to see Michael McIntyre with my MIL and stay at hers overnight. Was a fantastic night for me but not so much for DH. DD1 was sick several times during the night but DH didn't want me to worry so didn't tell me as he didn't want to spoil my night out. I felt so guilty that the following night I told him to go and see his parents and then stay the night. Thankfully I had a better night than he did!!!

I hope everyone else is well and babies are all growing and loving their new little worlds.

Love and hugs
Clare & Caitlin
xxxxxxx