Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Infacol/Gripe water

Hey all, i am b/feeding and i have been giving Bebe infacol to help with wind.....it isnt colic.

In the night she suffers more than in the day ....i suppose bcos of the build up from the daytime. Can I give her gripe water aswell as infacol?

xxx

Replies

• MKB as long as she is over a month you can give her gripe water, I am not sure about giving them both at the same time but my HV is coming at 10.30 so I will ask her for you and get back to you

xxx
  • I asked the HV and she said it is fine to give them both to your baby.

xx
  • Yes I use both MKB as my baba is the same, really suffers from wind, I'm constantly patting and rubbing her back to soothe her, but no colic so far, fingers crossed! I give infacol before each feed and you can use gripe water during or after a feed up to 6 times a day once you've hit the 4 week mark.

Helen
  • perfect - thanks guys xxx
  • hi all,
    I just thought my experiences might help....
    My little one had wind and I gave him gripe water initially - well you would have thought I had killed him! He was only 5 weeks but NEVER again. The last time I gave it to hin he went as stiff as a board, bright red in the face foamed out of the mouth and screamed! The stuff is really sticky and went absolutely everywhere. Odd thing is, I remember it from my childhood and absolutely love the stuff! Anyway, I then got some infacol and he seems to actively love the stuff. It seems he has a sweet tooth image I can honestly say that they seemed to be as effective as each other and as a result I would go with the infacol (less messy too)