Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012

OMG... severe ickie tummy

Hi Ladies,

This evening has been great... I know it's TMI but I've had severe wind cramps and aching in my left side and the worst runs I have had in a long tiiiiime. I still don't feel 100%. I thought I was going to be sick as well.

I hear some women experience constipation but another common symptom of pregnancy is diahorreah. I feel like crawling under a rock at the mo... anyone else experiencing this???

Replies

• You poor thing... I have heard too that some people get this instead of morning sickness... Not experiencing it myself...

Stay warm, rest and take lots of fluids

CeeLou x
  • G/C but wanted to send cyber hugs. Yes, sadly as your uterus changes size & position it can affect your bowels either holding everything up or squeezing it all out (sorry, maybe TMI). I highly reccommend ICE, it'll help hunger whilst also keeping up hydration. Drink plenty also (aim for a glass of water every hour) & watch your diet e.g. dry toast (no butter) or jacket potatoes will help slow movements whilst fruit will help increase them. If symptoms persist consult MW/GP both whom can suggest remedies. Best wishes
  • Thanks Ladies,

I'm feeling much better now, fingers crossed that is the last I see of that issue lol xjx