Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

5 weeks and really sore tummy

Have posted this in 'pregnancy' too but figured we are all around the same time so you guys might have some suggestions... Just hoping it is not a sign of an MC again... image

As it says in the title, I am 5 weeks today and having almost sharp pains on the low left. Is anyone else having/had something similar at this stage?

Hoping I am just being a wimp...

CeeLou x

Replies

• I've had some sharp pains on both sides and also quite a bit of cramping. Hoping it's normal! I'm sure it is, Ceelou xx
  • Hi Nic-Nak... phew - if there's two of us hopefully it is 'normal' image
  • Here's hoping! I was actually going to post something of the same nature when I saw your post!

Nic xx
  • apart from the sore tummy - how are you doing?
  • I have had it as well, like sharp needles and then it goes. Had it with my first as well and she's 2 now. X
  • Thanks Tashua image Sounds like I'm just being a wimp then which is fine by me! image
  • Feeling good, Ceelou. Was worried my boobs weren't as sore as they had been, but they're still pretty tender. I felt quite sick last night when I went to bed, but think it was because I was up late and had been up since really early (Christmas work night out - so weird not drinking!). Biggest problem is sleeping. I'm really restless and having been waking up between 4.30/5 every morning image I don't know if it's the changes in my body or my mind's just in overdrive with excitement! How are you feeling? Xx
  • You're not a wimp at all, I can't begin to imagine what I would be like in your shoes! Hope everything continues smoothly for you, I think the pains are just ligaments and uterus stretching. X
  • Hi Nic Nac ans Tashua image, I have the same too - go to bed exhausted and wake up at 5:30! Also peeing 2-3 times a night is driving me nuts!

Found it tough not drinking at work xmas events - I think my boss suspects I am pregnant (she knew all about, and was amazing through my MC) but not prepared to breathe a word at work yet! I finish on Wednesday so just 3 days to get through.

So far very little morning sickness, I generally feel a tiny bit queasy - especially after I eat but nothing major.

This pregnancy feels so different to my first, I scarcely felt pregnant at all and constantly spotted so really hopefully for a positive outcome and a H&H 9 months.. hard not to fear the worst though.

Cx
  • Good evening ladies, I can't believe this but I'm also suffering as well. I'm so relieved that it seems 'normal' and I'm not the only one. I have been complaining to hubby since last night. It's on my left side also just below my ribs. Sometimes it's ok and other times it's really sharp and painful. I have been running to the toilet every 5 mins to check I'm not bleeding. I'm so scared that my beanie won't stick.

What do you think it is? I was thinking it was indigestion as I also have heart burn. I don't remember having this when I was pregnant with my son.

I hope all is ok for us all x x x
  • Hi Oscarsmummy - it seems we are the norm image I guess it is just everything stretching and preparing for bigger beans?!

Mine is lower than under my ribs, really low in fact, but guessing we are all feeling the same thing just in different places.

Try not to be scared beanie won't stick, it will just make you stressed and that isn't good for your little beanie either. It's a fear we all have and it's awful, but try and relax if you can. My MC was nothing like this, just constant spotting and a fullness in my tummy but hardly notice sore boobs, never felt queasy or 'pregnant' the way I do now. I think if something is wrong we know deep down, I certainly did...

Cx
  • Oh, the peeing! I never get up for the bathroom during the night normally!

I actually lied last night and said I had a tummy bug at my Christmas night out. I like a drink and I thought everyone would guess right away otherwise. Still felt bad deceiving people though. But not ready to tell work!

I think it's natural for us all to worry. I too am praying everything is ok.

Nic xx
  • The peeing is insane! No one warns you of this!!!

My xmas work do's I found excuses, but like you. hate deceiving people...

Cx
  • G/c just to warn you the peeing gets worse!! At weeks 9-10 I was up 7 times a night I was exhausted.... On a light note it's only onve or twice now! Good luck ladies x
  • Thank you, Abihylands xx
  • Looks like we are set to be peeing machines!! Glamorous image
  • Thanks Ceelou! I'm sure it's all part of it, I just don't remember it from last time. Trying to stay positive!!

Omg the peeing! Forgot how bad it is! I found it worse towards the end and was almost tempted to sleep in the bathroom!! Haha!

Ps. Tip for getting out of drinking. I used to always say that I had a random drunken night out the night before and couldn't stand the thought of alcohol. always worked although everyone must have thought I was a booze head!!

• To be honest, even when I'm not pregnant I get up to pee once or twice a night so that's just the norm for me. I was doing slimming world before getting pregnant and that made me pee all the time!

Re all the funny pains, I really think its just things growing and moving in preparation for the baby so unless it's severe pain, I don't think there's any need to worry. Oscarsmummy, I would think that is indigestion too.

I have hardly seen anyone as my little girl has been unwell with cold etc so haven't had to deceive anyone. Have told 2 of my close friends as morning sickness is so bad, and they are helping me where they can. Won't be able to hide it from my other friends though as I look like death and keep gagging and retching.. Nice!

I hate the first trimester, it's just worry and feeling rubbish for me. Be happy after the scan and seeing the little heart beat.
  • Awww... I think it's just the ligaments stretching. I'm still experiencing period like pains and dull aching in the pelvis. I'm trying not to let it phase me. I spotted with my last baby, which was one of the most terrifying, stressful experiences I've had but he is 2 now image xjx
  • I am also having sharp pains low down but on the right side, I vaguely remember having these when I was first pregnant with my son. I still worry about it though but thankfully seems it is pretty normal x