Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Free early scans

Hi ladies, I found this on Baby Centre forum and have been booked in for an early scan on the 5th of January.

There is a study being done by st thomas's hospital in London for Tommys baby charity.

Having done a study on the emotional impact if reassurance scans for women who have had multiple miscarriages they now seek participants for a control group.

They seek women having their 1st or second child with no history of mc. You get offered a scan at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 weeks and in return you are asked to complete some questionnaires and stuff. It is a painless process and can highly recommend it to anyone living close enough.

Please call Sarah Merritt on 02071887208 if you are interested xx

I just looked at the information email she sent me and they are also looking for people who have had a number of m/c but I dont know if this is still the case. Worth a try if you fall into this catagory.

To be honest, this is brilliant for me as I didnt want to pay the small fortune to get a private scan, and they will scan me at 6, 8 and 10 weeks.

I had to leave her a message, but she called back within an hour or so.

Replies

• Ooo this would be amazing... gutted though as I have had an MC so won't qualify grrrr...

Good luck - it would be amazing to see scan pics so early... I am talking to hubby tonight to see if we can fund an early one to stop me going bonkers!

I am guessing you are in London (me too!) have you done any research on private scans? I am looking at the mo but don't want to pay the earth or go to a complete quack and regret it...?

CeeLou x
  • Hi CeeLou, yes Im in London also. Well just out of London in Surrey.

The information pack said they also would like to see people who have had mc so it might be worth calling her and asking if you could still take part.

I had a quick look the other day and saw they were around ??100 and my hubby wasnt so keen especially as I have only just gone back to work from mat leave and will be off again in 7 months or so.

• hmmm called yesterday, left a message but no-one has called back yet... I hope they do soon!